Room Difference

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by beerock29, Sep 28, 2020.

1. beerock29

beerock29 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Debating between Trendy Ocean View vs Plush Jacuzzi. Stayed in the Tower last year and just can't justify the $1000 difference damn near.

Looking for opinions and differences between the 2 rooms and everyone's preference.

2. Deleted member 45526

Deleted member 45526 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We’ve never stayed in the trendy oven view rooms but we love the tower rooms for free 24 hour room service, free adult channels, butler and the sky bar. That really is about it I suppose. I’ve often wondered if we really need that for the cost difference. We had the master suite during our last visit and I’ll say what we really enjoyed about that was the ability to go to the bar at the hut next to the pool. There are never any lines and it is so much more convenient.

3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    We like the Plush J as they are on the quiet side, have the tub on the first floor balcony which we use every morning having our bfast.
    No noise.
    I think there are only about 35 of them.

The TOVs are in the buildings near the ramp (correct me if necessary) and do not have Jacuzzis. Also more noise if sleeping is a concern...and it will be eventually.

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    We have done the Plush Jacuzzi three times. It's just a small upgrade from the Trendy room. For such a small price, it's nice knowing exactly where your room will be, that it will be on the ground floor, and in a pretty good location that feels like a Cancun vacation. While I've never stayed in a Trendy room, I do know that some have less than desirable locations. Really more of the view.

Having said that, after staying in the Tower last trip, I really don't see us getting anything but a Tower room from now on. The roof top perk, view, and atmosphere are worth it, in our opinion.

5. PRETVIP

PRETVIP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +272 / 0
    Been to this a whole lot of times and not 25 anymore when I check I get as far away from the music i stay on the quiet side when I check they don't even ask me they know I want far away from the music lol

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Our membership had four free weeks at TTR, and it also has our "base room" being the Jacuzzi. We've stayed extensively in both due to this.

As rooms go, just the room itself, the trendy ocean seem just a bit larger, sometimes (maybe most times?) than the jacuzzi rooms. It being mexico, each room is... slightly different we've found. Slightly longer there, slightly narrower here, like that.

The difference is obviously having access to your own private jacuzzi/hot tub. This can be made use of in many ways, without even needing to have a dirty mind to figure them out. Bad weather day? No problem, fill up the tub, call up another couple to hang out and chat. Tired for the night and don't want to "go out? No problem, fill the tub, call room service and there you go. Like that. Other opportunities arise for those of y'all with aforementioned dirty minds.

We've never stayed in the Tower. We've been in Tower rooms for room crawls, though not the Master Suite or Penthouse level. To us, the price jump upwards is not at all justified. But, we get those Tower perqs already, like Sky Bar access, free room service, butlers (if you can find yours next trip, let me know), etc. So, we'd pay standard rate to get.... more noise in the hall and maybe a few more sq.ft. in the room dimensions, and have to give up our jacuzzi?

Nah, not for us.

7. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Last December we booked on Orbitz and the Tower was exactly the same price as a Garden View...so we did book a Tower room. Having said that...I wouldn’t pay more than $20/night to upgrade to the Tower. We spend very little time in the room so we just don’t see the value in paying more to be in one over another. We probably spend an hour total in the Sky Bar during a week’s stay, so the perks don’t really add up to much.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The Sky Bar feels like a different planaet when compared to being around the Sexy Pool during the day. Some people, it's "Da Bomb!" Others... not so much. You've got to check it out to figure it out for yoruself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I have stayed in them all, My wife has to be in the Tower now. LOL

Trendy Ocean rooms are nice.
    The Jacuzzi rooms by the quiet pool are nice and have a big balcony / patio with a tub on it. Its quiet and convenient since your so close to the Pools.

My wife like the Tower perks and you know what they say Happy Wife Happy Life....

10. mojo

mojo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Have anyone tried upgrading the room upon check in ? Maybe negotiate a lesser difference in $ or even better for free?
    It happened for us before in other resorts, so just asking :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice