Room Booking Advice, Tipping, Best Day To Arrive?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JoeandJess, Jul 30, 2024.

1. JoeandJess

JoeandJess Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Morning everyone! I want to start by saying it's truly impressive the community you've developed on here. Hoping that my wife and I will become a part of it after our first visit! I've read as much of the content as I can on over the past few days so I'm not asking questions that have been answered over and over again. With that said, I have a few...

Is there a map of the resort that shows room locations? I can't find one on the official site. I'd like to have an idea of the layout and Google satellite view isn't quite doing it for me. I know the trendy garden rooms are to the left near the quiet pool, and I think bash and tower are the horseshoe around the sexy pool. My wife and I are more likely to spend time in the sexy pool and at bash but also would prefer to have a quiet retreat to nap and recharge between fun.

Tipping seems to be best done in pesos so the staff doesn't lose on exchange rate. I'm a firm believer in tipping well because I've worked in the service industry, and also because it typically yields some goodwill. Any advice on a standard tip at the bars/concierge/etc?

Lastly, I'm looking at you vets for this, what would be the best day to arrive? We are a fun loving couple, I don't play outside the marraige but my wife does with other women on occasion. I've read that jumping right in is the best way to go, and that fits in with our style which is good. With that said, what would your advice for first timers be for arrival date? Show up on the weekend and hit the Boobs Cruise to make some friends for the week? We will probably stay 6 nights so we can hit most everything.

Thanks for any help or advice you can give!

2. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 1
    Here's a map. Seduction Beachfront (circled in orange on map), Plush Jacuzzi (ground floor rooms around the quiet pool), Trendy Oceanview/Garden are "chill" and two floors above ground around quiet pool
    [​IMG]

Tipping is welcome in dollars or pesos. I have heard very specifically not to use $2 bills though, as those are harder to deposit/spend. As for how much, that is a hotly debated topic with a lot of strong feelings. I'll just say that any tipping is so greatly appreciated by the staff.

As for best day, the peak days are always Thursday through Sunday. For Temptation, you are really talking about the difference of 60-70% "low" occupancy up to 80-90+% "peak"... so it's always busy. You will see a marked drop in the sexy pool during Boobscruise days (mon/fri), but there is still a crowd even on those days, and my wife actually prefers the less crowded days at sexy pool.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. JoeandJess

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks so much!

4. BeuMeu

BeuMeu Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 5
    My suggestion if you want a room close to sexy pool for quick recharge is the 1800 block (trendy garden view) you are right next to the sexy pool with easy access to the ramp for bash. We use dollar bills. Every time we order a drink and a 20 for the maid day one and 20 on the way out.

5. JoeandJess

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Appreciate it, definitely looking at the trendy garden rooms.

6. BeuMeu

Ratings:
    +98 / 5
    I didn’t know what to expect when it came to the trendy garden view rooms but they are nice and secluded but close to the action. Made it real easy to sneak away for fun time. Or to take a nap before the festivities. It’s super convenient to wake up and claim your chairs then head back to the room to go to breakfast.

7. nwiacpl

nwiacpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    How loud/quiet are the garden rooms at night? We are in our 50s and tend to "bow out" early.

8. BeuMeu

Ratings:
    +98 / 5
    Not loud. I am a light sleeper and always on alert and slept fine every night. No ear plugs required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice