Room Amenities, Toiletries

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Sarah&Cal, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Sarah&Cal

Sarah&Cal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    We have booked the garden view room. I noticed on the website they are supplied with hair dryers and hair straighteners. Ladies that have been before, are they decent quality or is it best to bring my own supplies? My hair is medium to long, and would like to avoid spending an hour on my hair every evening ‍♀️

Also any other advice for toiletry must haves to pack are appreciated. TIA!!!

2. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We do not pack hair dryer or straighteners any more.. search this forum for things to bring or things to know if you want info overload.. but some things we added and use are suction cup hooks for small items to dry out.. there are none in the shower area. But most important small items we pack are the emergen-C immune booster powder that we add to a bottle of water in the mornings and before bed.. WOW they work wonders. (95%) of the time, they cant help doing 4 shots of tequila so others didnt have to..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 2
    Courtney always brings her own hair dryer and curling iron...she’d never trust the quality of what’s provided in the room. She’d just rather know what she’s working with. The same goes for all the bottles and tubes of lotions, soaps, hair care supplies, etc. I use the provided shampoo and soaps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    My wife has mentioned that you could get by with the hair dryer, but not the straightener.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    When used to workin Snap-On, nothing else will do! That's what my wife tells me so...

6. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife says they are not the top of the line but they do the job. She dosnt pack hers any longer.
    Save the space and weight in that luggage.

7. Van_cpl4fun

Van_cpl4fun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 0
    Blow dryer is fine, but definitely bring your own straightener :)

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    OH! Snap-On.... right... missed that the first time... :rolleyes:

Jamie

9. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    To save time on hairstyling, I give myself a drugstore keratin straightening treatment before Cancun, though it seems they are becoming very hard to find for reasons that are not clear to me. The one I used to buy that is really great now sells on eBay for $50, when I used to pay $15 at the drugstore. Obviously there is still a demand, so why are the home kits so hard to find now? Anyway, you could also get one at a salon if you are prepared to invest the time and $. The humidity makes it very difficult to keep curly hair straight in Cancun.

I bought some ISO TamerFoam mousse that was recommended on a thread here to use every time you do your hair at the resort, and I find that particular product helps at lot. And I also bring a pump-bottle spray shine which helps a little to control the frizz. In Cancun, I use a spray shine that is a heavier weight than what I could use at home on my fine hair. Moroccan Oil can help too.

As you can see, I've tried almost everything LOL. And I always bring my own straightener so I have one that is good quality. The resort site says that you have to pre-request a straightener, so I would be concerned that during full-occ periods, they would run out of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice