Roof tile adhesive

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Viento, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Viento

Viento Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have given up finding a contractor to properly install the barrel tiles on my roof, so I am going to try and do it myself. Does anyone know if Tile Bond type roof tile adhesive is available in Cancun. It is a polyurathane adhesive foam that comes in small cans or cylinders. Has anyone seen this used, or know of anyone who uses it to apply tiles? I want to get this done before we are into the most active part of hurricane season. About half of the tiles replaced after Wilma are now loose and will become missles in another storm.

2. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The problem with most tile installations done here is they do them in the bright sunlight, with hot hot tiles, and the cement dries out before it has a chance to chemically bond to the tile. This is the number 1 cause of loose tiles.

You should soak the tiles in water first (in they're the non-glazed variety), shade the area you're working on, and do it in the late afternoon, so that the cement has a chance to cure overnight in the lower temperatures.

The half-pipe roof tiles laid correctly with the properly proportioned cement mixture and left to cure without drying out due to sun/heat should withstand hurricane force winds easily.

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drewbert, you are a man of much knowledge! :)

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaking of Drewbert, he should know to always fold an unsuited K,6 except when playing "head's up." He continues to think KK is an odds on winner with a low kicker. Will he ever learn?

5. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ I understood not a word!

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey TJ, how many royal flushes have you had recently?

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drewbert - Well, hmmm. It has been a longggggggggggggggggg while.

You da man altough the talk is that you and the other guy cooked it up since there were no other witnesses. But I know that the other guy would never do such a thing. You, on the other hand, . . . .

LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice