Robbed in SM 32

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Aug 12, 2011.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know there are a few of us in the same SM (32), usually a quiet, safe neighbourhood. Just wanted to give you all a heads up that I was robbed last night, they smashed my car window and stole my tent, snorkel gear, car charger for me cel (and the car manual?). Hard to tell if they got anything else in the mess they made.

Stupid thing is, one of the back doors was unlocked, they didn't need to smash the window and cost me big bucks.

Cops did nothing of course.

Take precautions, don't get complacent. :S

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someone did the same thing to Tj a couple years ago...just around the corner. Happened to us in Santa Fe last year. There was an old dead laptop (not even good for parts) that was left in the back and they broke a window to get it. Guess it happens no matter where you live if the right or wrong person walk past and see ANYTHING that might be worth a peso or two.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sure sorry that happened to you, Canuck. I don´t have a car, here, but my cars were burglarized twice, in two different parts of town, when I lived in Dallas- and, like yours, they broke out the glass, both times to get at things they wanted. I shouldn´t have left anything out in plain sight, the first time: the second time, they just wanted to snoop around inside the car for anything of value.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about that Canuck, in my backyard and to a friend. That really sucks. I try hard never to leave anything that even looks valuable in my car, which has an alarm.

It just pisses me off to hear about things like this. What would they want with your owner's manual?

My car that got robbed was a rental. They broke one of the little windows, reached in and rolled down a window, then climbed in and out. It was a Tsuru and the doors were alarmed and they must have known it. Got a couple pair of sunglasses and two baseball caps. F'ers.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
  6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks all, it just stinks. Realized they got my brand new jumper cables too. :(

T.J., another friend in the hood was robbed recently too, got into her apartment and stole laptops, cameras, etc.. Time for another neighbourhood meeting? Been a couple of years since we've had any issues here.

Remind me to tell you about the "interesting" (read: shady) repair job..... ;-)

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same thing just happened to a friend of mine in SM 27 last night. Broke out the back little window just to get into a bag of freshly washed laundry! Rummaged around but didn't take anything!

So fixing a window can be a shy deal?

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Du Cooke

Du Cooke Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that canuck hope everything is dealt with, are robberies the most common of crimes over in cancun and how do the police respond to that, are they layed back or are they on the ball? are the police all for there own like if your not a mexican they turn a blind eye. hope everythings ok !!

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DuCooke, robberies are probably as common as they are anywhere else. And the police are about as competent in solving them as anywhere else.

In terms of "if your not a mexican they turn a blind eye", I really don't think that is true, never had that experience or heard from anyone who has. They treat everyone the same I think. Of course, it helps if you speak Spanish.

Jim, 27 is not far from here, sorry to hear about your friend. Desperate times if they're stealing laundry. :S

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice