Rm - pearl

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by jackieandles, Jan 17, 2016.

1. jackieandles

jackieandles Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi again ... Seen some oldish threads but before booking... Is RM the Party Zone and PEARL the Luxury or are the hotels as good as each other ??

Thanks

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Pearl is nicer rooms and facilities, but marginal. RM definitely has a better party seen but with such small resorts it definitely depends on the crowd when you go. I like RM better and the mrs prefers Pearl.

3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Our opinion after trying both is that the budget rooms at RM are not great while all rooms at Pearl are nice. Pearl has 1/2 the rooms of RM but all are ocean view & as far as we have seen in 5 visits Pearls basic rooms are far nicer than RM.

We stayed in a garden view room at RM during Oct & it was dated, lacking the sensual theme of Pearl or even Temptation. Hoofing the stairs to RM's hot tub is a choir and a public safety hazard coming down after a bunch if drinks & shenanigans. I'm sure the RM waterfront rooms are lovely but that's outside our budget.

Kyles wife is both smart & sexy as far as we are concerned. Pearls hot tub is at ground level & ultra sexy. RM's hot tub is roof top (above 3rd floor), smaller, and can get pretty crowded. Pearl weekends can be busy with more party people while RM has twice as many rooms so even midweek there is more opportunity to party.

Try both if you can and get to Pearl on a weekend. We try to end our 10-14 day holiday at Pearl and over a weekend after having done 7-10 previous nights at TTR or RM. Pearl is still fun, very sexy but also provides us a chance to recover during the daytime hours for a few days before heading back to reality on the Monday. That's our choice though and you can find people ready to party at all resorts.

Pearl can be like an elegant dinner party with a sexy hotub - over 150 people when full
    RM is fun like a house party, includes dancing & fun guests - over 300 people when full
    TTR is really fun & can be more like a frat / crazy house party - over 700 people when full

Have fun !!

4. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - Desire RMs accommodating capability is about 30% higher than Pearl
    - Desire Pearl has a total of 88 rooms ie: 88 couples and rarely sells out
    - Desire Riviera Maya has a total of 114 rooms ie: 114 couples and regularly sells out

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wait. What does that have to do with the comparison of pearl vs rm? Lol. And what about Kyle? :) just kidding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice