Riu Cancun ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    Riu Cancun

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Riu Cancun here.

Located at Km9 it is in the heart of the Hotel Zone and party center. Downtown is a 20 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for more information, availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Travel Center

2. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riu Cancun

:sunny:
    RIU CANCUN

We stayed here in September 2003.

Walked in to a beautiful huge lobby, and we were handed a welcome drink.

We met Maribel at the front desk, and she could not have been sweeter!
    She gave us our towel cards, lock for our safe, our wristbands, and a list of the restaurants.

She said our room was ready, and if we were not satisfied to call her, and she would see to it that we'd be moved to a different room.

Now that's customer service with a smile! We were impressed!

The bellboy took our luggage, and we headed to our room on the top floor, room 1512.

We took the elevator up to room 1512, and immediately stepped out on the balcony...........
    WOW! ... What a view!

Our room was nice, 2 double beds pushed together, 2 nightstands, a small table with 2 chairs, a dresser with adequate drawer space, a large closet with lots of hangers. There was a clock radio, a t.v., a hairdryer, a safe in the closet, and our very own liquor dispenser.

We had a mini bar filled with Corona, Pepsi, 7 UP, and lots of bottled water.
    All of this was included in the all-inclusive price.

The hotel provided soap, shampoo, bath gel and a shower cap.

There was a private balcony with 2 chairs and a small table.
    Everything was spotlessly clean.
    We never saw a bug or even an iguana the entire time at the hotel.

We were very satisfied with our room, and the view from our balcony was just breathtaking!

We were so pleased with the Riu. The hotel is beautiful.

You never felt "crowded", there were plenty of lounge chairs, we never waited for a drink or a buffet line.

And the service was superb!
    Every employee greeted us when we passed by, and they always had a smile on their face.

This hotel is in a great location, the staff was friendly, the service was excellent, and the
    food was good, always a big variety.
    They had entertainment every night, and they also had a disco.
    We would recommend the Riu Cancun! :cool:

3. bfoster

bfoster Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stayed at the riu cancun last march. I was wonderful. We are headed back again this year. March 6-13. Can't wait!!!!!

4. Ben1553

Ben1553 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm staying there April 3-10. Let me know if I have to look out for anything...Also, how are the ATM's at the hotel (always stocked)? I'll see u there elizabethky, lol. Thanks in advance! 8)

5. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love the liquor dispenser

My friend and I are going in June for a girl's week. I love the liquor dispenser....we will get a kick out of that now that we are old.

I just talked my hubby into going The first full week of April. we will be staying at the GR Solaris.

I booked the June trip several months ago and I can't wait to see the RIU and those cute little liquor dispensers. I think we can get some funny pictures out of that.

6. Ben1553

Ben1553 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To Steve or anyone at all that can confirm or deny...
    I found in an old forum that if you stay at Rui Cancun you have free access to Senor Frogs and Carlos & Charlies. Is that true??? Also, am I going to have access to the other Riu Resort in Cancun. Any answers would be much appriciated....Thank You in advance!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    I dont know for sure with the Riu, but I do know that many hotels include a pass for Senor Frogs on their bracelets, so there is a good chance it is true. But this will only be a 'no cover charge' not open bar so will save you $5 or so. You'll still have to pay for drinks. Carlos N Charlies is free cover anyway, so there is nothing to be saved there.

8. deeker

deeker Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is the dress code of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner??

Activities program?? :D

9. deeker

deeker Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah, another question :lol:

do the room have internet access?

10. stunnin

stunnin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Hey Hey....

I am planning a trip for my crew of of 10 ( 4 boys / 6 gals ) all in our mid twenties who love to party and have a good time... We are an all smiles no drama crowd who usually end up on top of the bar / tables @ the clubs and wanted to get some opinions of the RIU...

Some are partial to the Oasis / Grand Oasis and others partial to the RIU... We like the style / new feautes of the RIU and figure we can have a good time / start a party anywhere but are also attracted to the party atmosphere of the Oasis/Grand Oasis...

- HAs anyone been to both?
    - Any strong recomendations
    - Hows the AI package @ RIU
    - How many bars / resturaunts does the RIU have and how late are they open?
    - Can we ask for doubles @ the bar w/ AI & would they allow my Beer Bong down in the pool area?
    - ANy events / shows / activities @ the bar / pool?

Thanks in advance...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice