Review of the Golden Parnassus 10/9-10/12

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Partyometer, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    I wanted to take a minute to post a very positive review of the GP on here to put any future fears to rest. We just got home from a great trip from the GP.

We arrived on our first day and were happy to see that a group of TTR alums were already holding the party down pretty hard at the pool. Before we got in the water, we got a quick bite to eat at the poolside café "Breezes". They served burgers there to order that rivaled Paty-O's for sure. They also had delicious hot wings! These were much better than the "pigeon wings" that we've all come to know and love at TTR. Our room wasn't ready, but we changed into our bottoms and got in the pool anyway.

The first day at the pool, I opted for a "conservative" style bottom - and by "conservative", I mean It was approximately 3-4 inches wide at the tippity-top at the back and showed most of my ass. It's funny what we will call conservative after years at TTR. We got in in the pool and made friends quickly. The music was rocking and the drinks were flowing. They played water volleyball and when someone made a poor play (which was frequently), they got splashed and a shot similar to the "Scooby Doo" at TTR. There was a staff there facilitating the game and she was great.

The one downside is that the music cut off around 5pm. However, the one upside is that we were prepared with a waterproof speaker and our own playlist. You can't stop this party.

A little later, we went and ate at the steakhouse there. The food was delicious. However, I will say that wine was an upcharge. And the steakhouse was very brightly lit with a downhome country décor. Now, I am Midwestern born & raised and I can appreciate some country, but this was a lot. We walked in, and I swear, everyone turned and looked at us, as I was dressed in a somewhat slutty dress and high heels. I didn't get the country memo, obviously. But, we are not typically ones to back down from stares. We tipped well and got great service.

That night, this crew held it down at Superhero night for sure. We got a lot of stares. And by a lot, I mean, I think that the first batgirl there gave a white-haired man a coronary, but hey, what do you expect? It's not every day that a superhero themed party takes over your lounge.

Anyway, our trip continued on for a few days with more of the same. We split this year between Desire RM and GP because we were nervous about the level of fun at GP.

The people bring the fun. Plain and simple. Fun was brought and we had a great time.

The food was good. The service was very good, and the staff was so appreciative of fun-loving people who engaged in the games and who tipped well. It was very fun to watch the reactions of others around the pool. I did see some people who were shocked and amazed, but I was very surprised at the number of non-TTR people who talked to us and who joined in the topless debauchery at the pool. I know I talked to at least two women per day who had their first topless swimming experienced as they were inspired by the free-loving nature of the TTR people - the same attitude that we all know and love.

So, is it TT? Phuck no, it's not, and that's OK. But, was it an awesome vacation? Absolutely.

The property is GORGEOUS by the way and you can see the stunning beach from the pool - the waves were amazing to watch!!

So, as a seasoned TTR-goer who has been vacationing there for 5 years, I can say that I would recommend a trip to the GP.

2. miniTes

miniTes Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Great Trip report. I think that after our group we broke the ice for you guys. We only had issues with management asking us to put the tops back on. After we explained that they advertised as topless optional and there was 60 more coming the next week they backed down. The food at the steak house was excellent. We also got some stares when we went for white, pink and black dress night. We were asked if there was wedding. They have some great staff including fonzi the bartender at the tiki bar. He brought us bottles of shots till 2 am in the hot tub. We also found the staff very appreciative of the tips. We had nothing but great service all week. One perk that we used a few nights was free room service for food. After reading the reviews of Oasis Sens we were really glad we chose GP. Does it compare to TTR, no. But with the right group it definitely can be fun.

3. P&Cfunandsun

P&Cfunandsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0
    Did you do your own theme nights or was that something GP planned? If the wife wears sexy cocktail dresses will she feel out of place?

Great review and thanks for any help.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    Great review, thanks for taking the time to post it.

Obviously a lot of TTR folks looking for a temporary home and the more reviews we get of the alternative places the more we can help them make an informed decision.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    CCC folks, corrupting the World. One step at a time :)

6. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0
    Well written, Amy! Loved seeing you 2 again! Super Hero Night was spectacular!
    (((hugz)))
    Joe and Lucinda

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    sounds like a good alternative

8. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Excited

Sounds great, I have read too many bad reviews of Seins and my wife will not be comfortable if guys are creeping around with cameras. We are planning on GP in FEB

9. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    The theme nights were organized on CCC by the infamous JnLStuck, who did an AMAZING job, as usual! Not only did they get the party started, but they were super friendly with the other guests at GP and helped them understand that we were just there for a good time.

10. JnLStuck

JnLStuck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,093 / 0

You guys are so friggen awesome! Muchas gracias, bonita chica!!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice