Resort Plans

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DannKathy, May 26, 2020.

1. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    It looks like the resort will do everything possible to keep clean and as sterile as possible. The 1 thing they haven’t mentioned is this: Is there a protocol in place if a guest Or staff member happens to get symptomatic during their stay at TTR? The incubation period of this bugger would make that a plausible reality. Just curious what happens then. PLEASE don’t take this as negative towards anyone going soon. I hope everyone has a great time and stays healthy. Unfortunately my wife (COPD) and I (Xarelto) are in the high risk category which means we won’t be headed south for a while which sucks! Be safe everyone!

2. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Very good question. Would be good to know going in. Seems most likely you will be quarentined with no travel. Having an idea of how/where to get local care would be valuable. Also is it possible to take air ambulance back to home country? Was always an option for serious conditions when I worked overseas in 3rd world countries. Not cheap mind you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    There is always Steve and Jannet to help if necessary.
    Steve has posted some good advice about the local health care and hospital system.
    We have the insurance that covers the cost of emergency transport back to US as well as coverage for local hospitals.
    Well worth the $15-20 per day each.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I'd be quite happy to advise, I'm easy to get hold of if necessary.

Might have to rule out staying at ours if you have symptoms and need to quarantine though :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. AmosnShelly

AmosnShelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Would you mind providing additional information regarding the insurance? The trip insurance we have only covers cancellations. Will be there June 11-19

6. DannKathy

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    I was more asking the question in regards to the rest of the guests. Will they be informed? quarantined? Even with "social distancing" practices TTR can't control how everyone will act and won't be able to tell who's been in near contact with whom.

7. DannKathy

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    We get the travel insurance with "the works" which covers medical evacuation, repatriation if you kick, etc. Costs about 30-40% more than just a cancellation policy. Not sure how many of the travel insurers are offering it right now and whether or not Covid is covered. Also, I'm pretty sure it has to be purchased within 14 days of you reserving your first expense for your trip (air or hotel). I know the credit cards are not giving refunds due to Covid, since we aren't travelling for vacation any time soon I haven't checked the trip insurance companies policies. Check out insuremytrip.com. It gives pretty much all the insurance company rates, policies, etc. We love the website.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    several different companies and available policy choices
    try searching for international travel insurance
    on squaremouth.com to compare different plans/choices
    we are using Travelsafe

Best of luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice