Reserved Pool Chairs

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SammyM, Oct 1, 2021.

1. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    This is actually a follow-up to a post I read earlier, but thought a new thread would be better. My wife and I are considering a return trip to Temptations for our anniversary, but it's been roughly three years since our last visit. We had a fantastic time, met a lot of nice people, and always consider Temptations when planning a visit to the Hotel Zone of Cancun. However, I looked at the live cam online and it appears that there's been a significant reduction in the number of beach chairs available for guests. Used to be three rows of chairs with umbrellas, but I'm not seeing that around the main pool. We loved having breakfast, then going over to the sexy pool and picking out our spots for the day. We are not premier members, and in the past typically stay in a 'trendy' Ocean View or Garden View room (which have been perfectly fine).

So, my questions are several: are there fewer poolside seats with umbrellas these days? Have they been reduced by cabanas which must be rented for an additional fee? Do you have to buy a bottle of liquor or upgrade to a premier membership to get better seating (personally, I like to just slam beers down throughout the day!) What's the story with sexy poolside seating for just general (but return) guests? Any help with this would be appreciated!

2. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Your observation is correct. Less overall seating. Cabanas on the beach side are for premier(at least they were last time we were there but they said they were constantly changing things to figure it out), and on the hotel side the cabanas are for rent for everyone(bottle cost generally). There is still a couple rows of chairs over there too but definitely less than there was in total before.

3. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    There are definitely less chairs. Although they added a row of chairs behind the cabanas over near the premier bar. We were there in March and August and had no problem getting one as long as you went out by 8:30 ish. We’ve been 11 times now and my routine upon getting us chairs hasn’t really changed. Other than I tend to go out later now, as we tend to spend a lot less time in them as we used to. You should be alright.

4. SammyM

SammyM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Wow! Thanks for the quick responses! We'll have to think this over. There are some other nice resorts on the Riviera Maya where you don't have to play 'musical pool chairs' each morning, but unfortunately none of them have the same vibe as Temptations. So, we just might be there come mid-November.

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    You can always find friend there to share with. Chairs don’t usually matter much other than to have a place to put your stuff and to chill for a little bit mid day. Hopefully chairs aren’t keeping you from the party. If they are then you can always just book in the tower and those chairs on the deck seem to always be available.

6. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    If your just looking for a place to stash you stuff there are cubby locker type spots at the end of the pool...

7. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    They were there in Feb this year but gone in Apr. They did still have the ones by the hot tub though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice