renovation pics

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by CANCUNNEWB, Apr 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. CANCUNNEWB

CANCUNNEWB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone have new pics after the renovation? Also, we have booked for November. How is the weather then?

2. codyvanhout

codyvanhout Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    My husband and I will be there Nov 25th-Dec 2nd. Weather is in the mid 80's a bit breezy at night, but nothing to worry about.

Are you talking about the renovations from a few years back??

Wait...I'm talking TTR not Golden Parnassus sorry.....

3. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heres what changed:

-no more bridge in the middle of the pool
    -lifeguard house has been removed
    -every other chair in the tiki bar has backrest
    -bathroom in everyroom is renovated
    -new beds
    -the FULL window view from buffet is now HALF window view
    -mini golf coarse inside is gone and all the mannequin is in the beer garden (aka 60s room or 70s room whatever you call it)

just a quick run down

feel free to add on what i missed

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    yep! what he said.... it's "Sixty's Bar" mikey! close! :D lol

and
    - they renamed the lobby bar Beer Garden(the old 60s bar name) and its against the wall now instead of in the center.
    - no more steps going down to the beach on the jacuzzi side. Now it is a ramp.
    - by the pool, they installed a deck where you can put the lounger in and tan.... or lay on it like a seal if you wish! lol
    - They removed the strip of cement in between the kiddie pool and big pool and made both pools one. BE ADVISED: when walking.... once u get to the big pool it randomly drops down about 3 feet!
    - They cut off the edge of the pool and made it an infinity edge. Great for laying and tanning on. The reserve of it is a fun place to dip your feet while you are sitting on the edge as well.
    -The rooms have new doors
    -They took the "XXX" off of the beds lol. (But u can still see the XXX lines where they used to be)
    - Now there are flat screens and a different entertainment center
    - There is now a ice cream creperie in between beer garden and sumo
    - they changed the stairs a bit and fixed a better wheelchair ramp both by the lobby bathrooms and the elevator.
    - they put a few new stores in, one replaced the old white hut looking store and the other one is a boutique store. BE ADVISED: They do sell coach and louis vuitton items... but I was told it would be nearly impossible for a hotel so small to get a certificate or permit to sell those items. So... eye them up and make sure they are legit! I can't really tell the difference and honestly i dont care. If a big is cute, it's cute.... but I'm not going to be spending Louis Vuitton money on a Boscov's quality bag.
    -They put a new sliding door in to go outside
    - around the pool they installed a winding flower bed in between the chairs and the aqua world tiki hut
    - they got rid of all the loungers near pier 12 and put in hammocks.
    - they added swings to the dolphin bar.
    - They cut sections off of the check in desk. Instead of one long counter top now it is like 3-5 individual ones.
    -They moved the photography desk from the sliding door area.... now there are a section of like 3-5 desks in the lobby where the old gift shop teepee was. Photographer, concierge, and the travel people.
    - They have a center of 4 computers in between the boutique and necessities/swimwear shop. i think its like 5 bucks for 30 minutes. this does not give change!!
    - They have like a area of some sort if you walk past the computers and boutique store on the left. ive never seen it used..... i can't remember if there are desks, chairs, or computers..... its just like an open area to the left after the shop.
    - In the paradise buffet, they no longer have the juices out. You have to ask for orange juice and jamaica now.

Thats all i can remember for now.

OLD GP POOL:
    [​IMG]
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/QueenHammieJenkins/IMGP1061.jpg

NEW GP POOL:
    [​IMG]
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr227/QueenHammieJenkins/2011 - March 22nd-31st/DSC02204.jpg

5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Inside of new buffet [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the newer buffet windows in the background
    [​IMG]

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    lol i was excited about the new doors!! BE ADVISED!! They changed these! lol the other doors used to slam so hard..... these slam too but only if u have the patio door open(like when you are getting room service or your mate is leaving your room for a moment)

When you leave..... pull the door shut VERYYYY hard. Sometimes we thought we shut it, and we would come back and our door would be wide open. I thought someone was breaking in at first but then i caught my mate not shutting it once and he caught me doing the same thing! lol.
    [​IMG]

8. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    new flower pots
    [​IMG]

Now that i look again.... they redid the stairs too.... and added the shopping area sign. I remember before there was only like 4 stairs and they were very wide.... and annoying! lol
    [​IMG]

the fountain is now at half fountain height lol. its just the statue now i think.
    you can see in the pic. along with the lack of the lobby bar in the center.
    [​IMG]

Concierge/photo desks
    [​IMG]

PLEASE BE ADVISED: especially if you are a lady, and one who wears make up at that. They re-did ALL OF THE LIGHTS! Pretty much every light in the room.... except for the canvas poster lights, are now LED's(prob so they can save money). This looks cool..... but the room doesnt get very bright at night. There are only two mirrors now. They did away with the full length mirror in the bathroom. The bathroom doors are now made of foggy glass instead of wood. The mirrors are in the bathroom above the sink, and where the desk is. both areas have really shitty lighting. Next time I'm bringing my make up mirror that lights up so i can actually see what the heck im doing! lol. it not dark dark.... but its not as bright as i was used to. the bathrooms are pretty much all renovated too.

KEEP IN MIND: If you are reserving a club room...... I do not know the differences with them. I visited my friends on the 6th floor and she had the old doors, the old bathroom doors, still had bright lights, still had the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door.... and everything else.

Also: They no longer have blowdryers and irons in every room. However, when you call down and request one, they will bring it up in less than like 3 minutes. The faster they are, give them a better tip! :)

As I come across more post-renov pics I will post them! :D
    Until then, enjoy <3

9. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    wow! great post Hallie!! thanks ... Just when I thought that I couldn't get more excited ... you go and do this!!!!!! HA! 23 days away for me!

10. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    haha ohhh yeah! :D I'll be posting some more under the "excitement" thread as well! Just not today! After this week though i wont be on CC too much. It's back to my other job :( booooo lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice