Relocation?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Meb, May 16, 2016.

1. Meb

Meb Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is across the board official but we booked our stay through CheapCaribbean to go to TTR in November. I just received a notice from CheapCaribbean that Temptation is transferring all its reservations to Oasis Sens and that it is a parallel transfer. No extra money to stay. AND they will include(I'm assuming through Temptation) a free 2 night stay before Dec 2017 after they open. I'm soooooo relieved and quite pleased at this. I went ahead and booked a refundable reservation to Golden P so we would def have a place to stay but there was a lot of push back from the GP locals (kind of understandably). I was considering transferring it to Sens but now that CheapC did it all is well. Hopefully this will ease nerves and streamline decisions as to where everyone is going. See you ALL in November.

2. ebonyandivory

ebonyandivory Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We received the same notice from our tour operator, who confirmed that Temptation has chosen GOS as the hotel for relocation + 2 comp days when Temptation re-opens ☺

3. ChickenPlucker

ChickenPlucker Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We were just notified that we will be moved 9/24 to 10/1 somewhere will hear back from them in acouple weeks. How is the Oasis Sens?

CP

4. Meb

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I don't know but the people make the party and if the Temptation crowd is at Sens, that's where the party is and that's where we are headed.

5. albri13

albri13 Regular Registered Member

Tennessee,by way of Florida miss the water.
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0
    We got same note today for our trip in Oct.

6. Boilercpl

Boilercpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 1
    My wife and I stayed at both GP and Sens. Hands down we liked the sexier vibe at Sens, but my only beef was that they didn't do the little things well. This was before we went to TTR and it is hands down better than either not only the vibe but TTR was an effortless vacation and GP and Sens required much more effort on our part.

7. David-n-Sue

David-n-Sue Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not happy with the choices

We were notified today that our reservation for 10/29 - 11/6, booked and paid for back in January, is cancelled.

They gave us two options:

1. Clients can choose to stay at Temptation before September 24th at no additional cost for the resort and will receive a one room category upgrade and the choice of 1 relaxing massage per person, 1 tour to Isla Mujeres per person, or a lobster dinner per room. Please note, this is based on availability. You will be responsible for any airline fees or changes in price when changing dates. Temptations will not cover the increase in cost with the airlines.

2. The resort will relocate your reservation to Grand Oasis Sens in a standard room. Please note, your current travel vouchers will NOT change and we will update the transportation company of the move (if you have transfers on the reservation). The new resort will accept the original vouchers you have as they are aware of the relocation taking place.

With option #2: You will also receive a return complimentary stay to Temptations for 2 nights and is valid from September 1, 2017 to December 20, 2017

So, I looked at Option 1, and the dates that work for us are not available. Even if they had been, airfare is substantially higher and they don't cover that, and the change fees for two of us which are $400.

Option 2 we can do, but everything I read says Grand Oasis Sens is no substitute for TTR.

We also looked at other resorts for that same week, as cheapcarribean.com was pretty willing to work with us, but just can't find anything with a decent night life that is anywhere close to what we paid. Sure, fork over another $2000 for a "lesser" vacation.

What a way to treat your previously loyal customers. Take their money, then bait and switch. They should have planned their shutdown for dates beyond the current booking window so they don't screw those who planned ahead.

I guess we are going to go to Grand Oasis Sens and hope enough other TTR refuges make that choice to improve the party vibe there. But I'm afraid that only a percentage of those *already* booked at TTR for that same week will make the switch, and lots of others will choose a different date or choose to spend the extra cash to go to Desire. I sure hope I'm wrong! But if we were booking today, we would just do something totally different this year.

To end on a positive note, I really hope that this causes enough TTR people to give Grand Oasis Sens a try that it creates a *permanent* improvement in the vibe there. I'd love to see this create a viable competitor for TTR so that TTR can't jack the rates way up after their rennovation! :icon_lol:

8. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Theres over 60 people and counting from TTR going to Sens for Halloween so far if that helps

9. Meb

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I think now that TTR is officially sending its peeps to Oasis Sens there will be less of a decision to be made as to where to go and people will seamlessly funnel over to Sens. Now to get the ball rolling on Theme Nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice