Referral Question/clarification

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chanell, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Chanell

Chanell Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    So, my husband and I are not members. We are considering premier membership but wanted to wait until the Dominican Republic property opened to see if the membership would have the same rules for both properties. In the meantime we thought we'd give a referral a try (just in case the premier presentation offered a super duper great price on a membership that's too good to pass up). My question is, will they price match for a referral. No one seems to know the answer and I keep getting different answers from different members. Bummer...I haven't booked yet. Our dates are Wednesday July 3 through Tuesday July 9. Thanks for your help.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    To be blunt, don't expect them to stick to any sort of verbal-only promise on anything you purchase in Mexico until such time as the ink has dried on the written contract, at which point it gets stuck to tightly... as in tightly construed against the purchaser. If it's not in the contract, you don't get it. It is just how business is done in Mexico, it's a different thought process.

3. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    Caveat: we are not members, but maybe we can answer your question having been through the presentation.

Will they price match? I’m not sure what you mean exactly but the level and price of membership varies. If a member pays one price it doesn’t mean others would pay the same, sort of like buying a car.

If you have a budget, generally they have something that fits into that ballpark, with the caveat that the more money you spend the more things you generally get. Not sure if this helpful.

4. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    I'm a new member but my understanding is that a referral gets 25% off the rack rate (hotel web site rate). As far as how contracts are dealt with in Mexico I'd have to say they're not much different then anywhere else in the world, everyone tries to twist the deal to their advantage.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Just went through a bunch of this for someone trying. The simple answer the Premier office will not price match for a referral.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    Yes but you can add referral benefits to a 3rd party booking for fee. No meeting needed cause we get nothing for it anyways. This was even suggested by one of resort’s booking agents

7. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I agree. Sam and I were going to go on a referral and the price was significantly higher than what we could get on our own online. When he mentioned that, they told him that we wouldn't be getting all those benefits with the online price.(you know, black bracelets, premium liquor, fluffier towels, invisible butler, etc.) We did online and bought our own liquor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes that's step 2. After booking via a 3rd party, find someone willing to set you up with a referral. Offer them the $250 as compensation (or if they are your friend, they might not even care about the $250)

I feel like the system is starting to break now though because of this.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Agreed on that. The way I see it, it's a three way deal:

a) the referral receives member benefits (at Premier's expense)
    b) for that, Premier expect an opportunity to sell the referral a membership via the presentation
    c) and for that Premier reward the member $250 for their part in introducing potential new members

Everyone wins.

Now what you have people doing is not holding their side of the deal, basically selling their referral for cash and cutting Premier out of the chance of a sale by telling the referral they dont need to go to the presentation,. Of course, they still expect Premier to foot the bill for the benefits.

Imagine if Premier didnt hold their side of the deal? Either by not paying the member for presentation attendances, or not providing the benefits to the referral.

Everyone would be going ape shit.

So why people think it's ok for themselves to not uphold the deal, but still expect Premier to do so is beyond my comprehension.

When it ends in tears they'll only have themselves to blame. Greedy business is bad for business.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  10. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Do we know what the fee is? Is this done just using the online Premier referral form?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice