reccomend a beach in cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tonyrukuz, Jan 12, 2011.

1. tonyrukuz

tonyrukuz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hello, I am going to cancun jan 22 for one week at temptations and wanted to spend one day at a nice beach, anyone suggest any?? thanks..

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The nicest beaches are on the east side of Cancun or as some say, the long side of the seven. Easy to catch a bus to "party center" and go to the beach behind The City and Plaza Forum. You can go to the beach club and pay 100 pesos to get in, gets you a chair by a pool or you can just walk between The City and Forum and hit the beach for free. Waiters will come out to serve you drinks and food from the same beach club. There are chairs and umbrellas for rent if you like. This beach is called Playa Gaviotas.

Playa Delfines is further down, but probably the most famous "nice" beach. No beach club or service, but a great spot.

3. tonyrukuz

tonyrukuz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks alot, we will definately try it out..

4. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not as far as Playa Delfines (Dolphin Beach) and at no extra charge, is Playa Chac Mool. This is essentially the same beach that The City's beach club is located, but at no cost. Just get off the bus at the same spot, and ask for directions to the public beach access for Playa Chac Mool, and enjoy!

212eric (Author)

5. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Eric,
    Choc Mool is a little bit south of the beach at the City Club area. It is near Portofino Baview Grand. To my knowledge there is no service at this area, you can buy drinks and bring them to the beach and there is no charge for access. The beach near the City also has free access and they do and a pool.

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, the beach I mentioned behind the Forum and The City is called "Playa Gaviota Azul". :)

Found this panoramic shot of Delfines.... Cancun Playa Delfines

(The same site has one of Gaviotas, but it's pre-beach recovery and a little further south than what we are talking about....)

7. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really only wanted to give an appropriate option to paying for access to a beach. This in my opinion, is a good alternative to traveling all the way down to Playa Delfines, especially when carrying a bag of food, beverages and towels. That being said, The City is roughy a Kilometer away from the Portofino Bay View Grand, which in my view is essentially the same beach, even though it goes by a different name.

212eric

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was a cool site Canuck. You can travel around to different areas. Thanks. No trip this year for us....:cry: damned economy.

9. meanestkitty

meanestkitty Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Presidente Intercontinental

The beach in front of the Presidente Continenta is beautiful. As long as you're ordering drinks and food you can hang out there.

10. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Meanestkitty, I agree that the beach in front of the Presidente Intercontinental is beautiful. However one does not have to purchase anything in order to enjoy the beach there. In theory, all of Mexico's beaches are public property, and they are not owned by the resorts that sit on them. It is still entirely possible to be harassed by some resorts' security when using their beaches. If this happens at the Presidente, I would recommend simply picking up and going next door to use the beach in front of the Beachscape Villas at Kin Ha.

212eric (Author)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice