rain predicted. now what ?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sharr47, Jan 1, 2014.

1. sharr47

sharr47 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I are returning to the Excellence in Peurto Morelos in a week. The forecast calls for a 60% chance of rain everyday. I'm wondering what there is to do if it rains. We love the beach and the sunshine and now I'm worried that our vacation will be ruined.

2. dudley & piggy

dudley & piggy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Rain

THERES ALWAYS ROOM ACTIVITIES!!!:huepfen021:

3. blufforbust

blufforbust Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Just make the most of the sunshine you do get. We will be at the Moon Palace tomorrow. Forecasting rain all week. If it does rain I suggest room activities and drinking at the lounge.

4. prostockpete

prostockpete Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ignore weather forecasts .. there is always rain shower projections out in the sea everyday that seem to never hit land ... if you were to follow like 14 day forecasts for Cancun & were deciding what week to go by a rainy weather watch you would never leave your house & miss your vacation & even when it does rain usually over very quick

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    ^^ this

Rain is predicted far more often than it actually happens. Don't fret and look forward to a great trip.

Remember the 60% chance is a 6 in 10 chance that it may rain. There's a 4 in 10 chance it may not rain at all. Even if it does rain it might only last 5 minutes or be somewhere else in the area.

Not many days in Cancun are totally washed out by rain, maybe 15 or so in the last year

6. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    I think we were there for most of them! See our pic of our suite at Desire last month!
    Before the rain
    [​IMG]
    Our own indoor pool!
    [​IMG]

Still had a wonderful time though! The resorts usually supply large umbrellas, but it's the first time we've ever seen folk using them while in the hot tub! LOLxx
    :daisy:

7. Jojo306

Jojo306 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's had been a rather wet few months that's for sure! :( I'm actually looking forward to getting out of cancun in a couple weeks to see sunshine, as this dark gloomy few months we've been having is starting to drive me bonkers! :/

8. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    He'll if it rains get drunk and naked!

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well the predictions for the last 2 weeks or so have been correct. We have had tons of rain here lately. In town, with the rains come the flooded streets. I did see a FB yesterday including a video of the flooded street in the Hotel Zone.

Don't let it stop your trip though. A rainy day here is better than a day at work at home and better than any January day in Canada or the NE USA.

You can snorkel and the rain won't bother you a bit. You can go to Tres Rios and Xplor.

Rock out.

10. blufforbust

blufforbust Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Just getting ready to leave the Moon Palace. We were here from the 2nd - 9th. In all I think there was 6 hrs of sun the whole time we were here. We still had a good time, toured around, played in the sand, watched the clouds fly by in the wind. Our 8 month old girl did great. Since we missed the sun this trip we will be booking another one for April, not sure where yet, maybe back to Cancun.

No use getting upset about the weather and being upset about the weather your whole week, get out and meet some new people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice