RACIAL PROFILING MUST STOP? Why?‏

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Michael F., Feb 13, 2010.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality
    Absolutely No Profiling! Pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test.

These events are actual events from history.. They really happened! Do you remember?

HERE'S THE TEST

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

a.. Superman

b. Jay Leno

c. Harry Potter

d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Olga Corbett

b. Sitting Bull

c.. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c.. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davey Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.

Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr Bean

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

Let's send this to as many people as we can

Foot note: Fort Hood Texas ......another Muslim 39 years old killed 13 people and wounded 30 some odd others... Does this fit the profile!

NOW OUR COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF IS TELLING EVERYONE

THAT THE YOUNG MUSLIM THAT ATTEMPTED TO BLOW

UP A NORTHWEST/DELTA JET AS IT APPROACHED DETROIT

ON CHRISTMAS DAY WAS (QUOTE) "AN ISOLATED INCIDENT".

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! MY FATHER

USED TO SAY: "PLEASE DON'T PISS ON MY LEG AND TELL

ME IT'S RAINING."

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I really hate this sort of viral email.

Yes, extreme Islam is a big problem and going to get worse. I reckon the UK is about 10 yrs further on than the US with this problem, and about 5 yrs behind France.

Islam is fundamentally about taking over the World by whatever means necessary. But this kind of email doesnt educate at all, it only serves to promote ill informed, often racially prejudiced, opinions.

To be honest, my opinion is all religions regardless of name belong back in the dark ages. The year is 2010 not 510.

"My religion is better than your religion" is the source of so many problems, we'd all be much better off without religion at all - regardless of what name you put to it.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Actually Steve I think what you are looking at is a reaction to political correctness.

If somebody with blue hair went around kidnapping children then you would be concerned every time you saw someone with blue hair around your child. But you aren't allowed to keep blue haired people away from your children. So to be politically correct you must keep your child away from everyone unless you vet each one of them the same. Now granted there have been one blond haired person and one brown haired person who have kidnapped children in the past but 98 times out of 100 it's blue haired people.

Not all blue haired people kidnap children. But since the blue haired people are such a tight knit community it's hard to believe that no one knows who the kidnappers are, or where they are, or why don't those that do not don't rise up against those that do in order to clear the name of all blue haired people.

So in order to be politically correct we must vet everybody who lives near a school or daycare center, drives through a school zone, knows a teacher or bus driver, and the list goes on.

The when those that are doing the screening come up with a better way to do the task, the blue hair people come out and say that it's against their hair treatment program to be screened that way.

So in trying to be so politically correct you hear about babies being targeted as possible kidnappers and everyone things the screen process is a joke. But what is a joke is that 98% of the kidnappings occur from Blue hair people but we can't focus on blue haired people because that would be racial profiling.

If you read the post you will see no reference to “my religion is better than your religion”. You will see a listing of a common factor of every perpetrator of every incident.

You are right, this is 2010 bit 510 and there is only one religion that is trying to remove ever other religion from the face of the planet. You right that that attitude is not correct and we all believe that it should stop.

Maybe then our children could be a lot safer.

I am curious about your statement about “….the UK is about 10 yrs further on than the US with this problem, and about 5 yrs behind France.” Further on in what way?

Jamie

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is no denying that the answer to the above questions are indeed "D". And the key word in each correct answer is "extremists".

The truth is that nobody on earth scientifically knows what is going to happen to us when we pass, other than decompose that is.

I believe in a higher power but you won't catch me vowing that one religion is better than another. But the fact remains that "extremists" did carry out all of the above in the name of their religion/beliefs.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I do understand the issue. In fact I was agreeing with the sentiment, just not the method of delivery because it doesn't evoke any thought about the underlying problem which is real enough. It just pumps out emotive facts that serve to reinforce, in many cases, already uneducated bigoted views and trivialises a very real issue to a round robin email. Something that you get next to an email of a cute kid with his head stuck in a toilet seat or something - both emails end up in the trash and life goes on.

What I meant is that I believe in the US currently the growth of extreme Islam is about at the same stage it was in the UK 10 years ago. We are now awash with it, and it's going to be very difficult to reverse it from here.

6. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    What I don't like about those types of e-mails is that they only serve to push people on both sides to become more entrenched in their positions. Imagine how hard it must be to be a young muslim man in the western world now. Being pushed a couple steps further into one of these groups is less difficult if many of the people around you are hostile to your very presence.

Profiling is useful if used in conjucntion with good intelligence or investigative work. But just being a young muslim man shouldn't be enough on its own to cast suspicion on someone as the text in the first post indicates.

7. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand the point of Non discrimination. However, on the other hand when I go to church I've never had a religious authority urge me to strap a bomb on my back or kill infidels (non-believers).

No doubt not all Muslims are terrorists and in-fact most are moderate and peaceful. But no denying that there is a contingent of Islamic Fundamentalists (i.e. Wahhabists) which seek the restoration of the Islamic State i.e. the Khilafah (Caliphate). They want to impose rule by the Word of Allah and implement Islamic (Sharia) laws. Additionally the Madrasas offer almost no instruction beyond the memorizing of the Koran, creating a widening pool of young minds that are sympathetic to militancy (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/04/world/asia/04schools.htm)

None of these elements exists in other major religions.

Frankly, I'd rather be safe than politically correct…

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  8. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    I know people aren't going to like this but how many innocent people have the Americans killed before, during and after a war?????????? A family of 12 were killed only this weekend during an air strike. And on the home front, how many people have been killed because you insist on carrying guns? American students killing thier fellow pupils etc. Think we should all get our own houses in order before we point the finger at others.

As a foot note, I think the UK are just as bad except for the gun laws.

9. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    george w bush is a terrorist

10. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The twelve "Civilians" killed over the weekend in Afghanistan were killed by rockets fired at insurgents by NATO troops. Therefore wouldn't you say all leaders of the NATO Countries are terrorists including: United Kingdom, France, Canada, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Poland, Denmark, Netherlands and all the rest of the 28 independent member countries?

BTW - Today Obama is President. Therefore Obama, a Nobel Peace Prize winner is a terrorist as well. So as long as you are consistent across the board, I can see your brand of logic.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice