Quick review 2-24 to 2-28

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by hemmi_2000, Mar 1, 2014.

1. hemmi_2000

hemmi_2000 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Overview of the following review…Great trip.

We arrived at about 2:00 Monday 2-24. We had booked Lomas Travel for transport and they were great, $5 for 2 beers on the way to the Hotel and the party was started. Once at the hotel at about 3:00 we were told we didn't have a room yet. Came back in about ½ an hour, at that time we did get a little run around but after a mild name drop and mention of cancuncare we were given a room with a wonderful view (5th floor balcony room) only downfall was the room had 2 double beds. This actually worked out fine for us, so all was well.

Most every day we started on the beach, went to lunch while we were still dry then moved to the pool. I will have to agree with a few of the other reviews that from drink to drink the quality varied, but really they did the job. We didn't have an issue with most of the food as it was comparable to most any other trip we have taken to Mexico or the Bahamas.

We had a great group of people there all week. We met a lot of fun people and hope to keep in touch.

We did go on the Boobs Cruise the last full day we were there (Thursday), was one trip I will not soon forget. Started great, saw things I probably won’t admit to have ever seen. We finished off the trip with a major rain storm and some sketchy seas. Lunch on the cruise was adequate and the beach game was a fun watch.

Overall we had a great time thanks to the staff and the other travelers. If I can talk the wife into going again we would definitely return to GOV!

2. Beachgirl3

Beachgirl3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi, thanks for the review

Which restaurants did you go to ?

Beachgirl3 and TriniLove will be storming the beach at GOV 4/5 through 4/12!!!

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Ok, I wii be the one to ask about the topless lady population. Thanks.

4. hemmi_2000

hemmi_2000 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We ate at Maki Taco, Moonlight, and the Mexican Restaurant (can't remember the name). Also ate the buffet a few times. As far as topless goes, if you were in the pool chances are your top was off. On the beach there were quite a few people with their tops on, but still many with them off.

5. Big74Mac

Big74Mac Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Thanks for the review.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
  7. pegNbrett

pegNbrett Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    :flash:thank you for the TR

8. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanx!

Thank U for the straight forward review. Nice to hear what sounds like a "balanced" review fro what appears to be a couple more in search of finding fun than finding flaws! Glad we booked GOV for eom April !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice