Property Manager needed

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Rudyman, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a property manager that anyone knows that would handle things with a U.S. mentality than the normal "manana way"? I have a condominium in the hotel zone that needs a sharp individual to manage it. Someone with the mentality that there are things that need to be kept up with on a regular maintainence vs waiting for things to go out weather it be air con maintenance or any other thing that needs maintenance. Someone who has a professional staff who has an electrician, plumber, carpenter vs a guy who says yes to everything fearful of missing an money. Someone that arrives between 10:00 & 11:00am when they say they are going to arrive and not show up till 2:00pm w/o calling or 10am the next day. Someone who speaks good english to communicate with me any issues that I need to get involved with and handle the normal tasks by theirselves as hired to do. Someone who can meet and greet guests and be there on time so they are not outside the gate waiting to get in. I hope you don't think I am unreasonable in my request, just frustrated with the results I have been getting for the past 6 years with the "same old same old".

To clarify I am only looking for a personal property manager to handle me and my unit only, not the entire condominium.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sent you a pm

3. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too would be interested in knowing if such a person exists. Right now it is a matter of selecting the best of the worst

4. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are so right Steve. Need an American that knows contacts for fixing things reasonable and keeping units the standard that we expect. Someone that is honest and has integrity and is truthful. Unlike every person that is a property mgr at Bvg and Portofino if you get my drift.

5. chas5335

chas5335 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Names charlie , had my own apt buildings in pennsylvania , did my own maintence ..mechanic for 14 yrs , sold realestate for jack gaughen in harrisburg , now retired need something to do ..here is my e mail i live in cancun ....chas78516@gmail.com

6. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow this is an ancient post.

Hi,

Rudy Not sure exactly what type of relationship you are looking for however I am open to hear more about this oppourtunity.

I've previously been a division manager at a student co-op - administered a building - as well as other roles.

I would need to look into certification and code requirements in mexico regarding electrical and plumbing. I've done a term of electrical studies and I am an advanced radio operator certificate holder in Canada - I do my own electrical, none the less I am not aware of Mexicos code, nor your condo electrical rules.

In general you should not have a need for electrical changes in your condo. If you are looking to change stuff it would be something you would need to bring up with the condo building operator as you would need to check with what is possible based upon your provider and how the grid breaks down from where you are at. In general you would keep your service as is, unless you upgrade. I've done off grid solar and wind at low price. In general electrical isn't hard its just a matter of knowing how many wires you run, and how much juice you need.

Plumbing in Mexico can be problematic but you are in a good area of Cancun for plumbing as I've heard that they have better plumbing in the hotel zone. Once again, this is not something you'd want to change. Usually plumbing issues are resolved by snaking or cleaning out the trap (as often there are toilet paper (and other larger unflushable item) traps.

Carpentry doesn't sound like something that would be routine, unless you have palapas, or you have a palm roof etc..

I'd like to know more details about your unit, what the address is, so I can take a look at the property. I'd also like to get a better idea of what you are looking for in terms of upkeep, is this remodeling or simple maintenance - and if it is just maintenance what are the characteristics of the property and their needs.

I speak English of course, I'm a University Graduate.

Send me a PM for more info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice