private transfer

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by ricknjill, Jan 7, 2014.

1. ricknjill

ricknjill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the first time in November we took the private transfer to and from TTR. On several previous trips we always did the best day transfer but thought the private would be quicker, which really wasn't. Both the wife and I got really freaked out on the return ride to the airport. After multiple trips to TTR I am pretty familiar with the route to and from the airport and on the return without cause or explanation the driver exited the main road and we ended up in a remote area which was very unsettling. He was on his bluetooth phone and it almost seemed as if he was planning something. We eventually ended up back on the main road to the airport but will never do the private thing again. :blueshock:

2. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    My Advice, use USA TRANSFERT. ( Book via Steve link ) And if they do something like that, tell them your on CC.. No such thing will happen again.

Someone said to me they are very professionnal, and if Steve purpose it, it should be true. I know Steve will not put is name on something isn't true.

3. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    I agree! USA Transfer. Never a problem with them, and I know they are highly recommended on here. We used Best Day (I believe because it was awhile ago) and it resulted in us getting to our hotel a few hours after we landed because of waiting for others to fill the shuttle/van and then stopping at every hotel it seemed to drop others off. It was also very uncomfortable because we were so jammed in there with our luggage just tossed in the back also as crammed as possible and holding other items.

USA is the way we go now. Very easy, and very affordable. They are extremely nice and courteous. We are usually at TTR with-in an hour of landing. Last year we were still there in just over an hour even after crazy red light/green light lines. It is private so you don't have to wait around to be filled up, are comfortable, and go straight to TTR. We did have a guy cut off the road a bit once because of traffic, but he explained this to us and we arrived with no problems.

4. ricknjill

ricknjill Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    usa

I actually booked it thru USA Transfers on Steve's website. It may have just been us but we both felt the same. I never said anything to my wife during the ride for fear that she would really freak. It had rained the night before and the driver did mention something about avoiding standing water but the route he took was way more flooded than anything along the main divided roadway route to the airport.

5. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    My guess would be the adverse conditions prompted it. I'd say that is also what he was talking about on the Bluetooth. You can ask and they wouldn't be upset, at least nobody I've traveled with through them would have. Best of luck using any transport service you choose. We're arriving in 2 weeks, and will be using USA.

6. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    Like i've said. Next time mentionned that your are a member on CC, believe me, they don't want any bad reputation ;)

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Nothing to be worried about. There is more than one way to the airport.

Pretty sure I know the route he would have taken, it would have been the road parallel to the main road not far from where we live. It was likely because of floods and traffic hold ups given the bad weather.

I'm not sure why him talking on his phone would have aroused suspicion, probably just asking base for the best route based on information from the other drivers.

8. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We used Best Day last summer.... booked through Expedia. No problem with them. I think we had to stop at 2 hotels before ours (Golden Parnassus). We were the last on the van so there wasn't a wait problem. This year we are booking through USA Transfers.

9. FirmandSuz

FirmandSuz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    We have used USATRANSFERS for at least our last 10 trips. They have taken us many different routes during that time and we have never felt unsafe. NEVER had a bad experience with them.

Firm

10. Amanda & Chris

Amanda & Chris Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone else besides us just take a cab?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice