Pride Week?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bechilling, May 18, 2019.

1. Bechilling

Bechilling Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I noticed that the Pride Week banner no longer appears on the TTR web site. Has it been cancelled? Or is it sold out and no longer advertised?

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes it was canceled. Here is another post on the topic Pride Week Cancelled

Seems like everyone stays away from these threads and this topic in general. Is it that everyone just stayed away from the resort that week too. Was it something that seemed taboo for even the TTR community in general?

3. Bechilling

Bechilling Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    We booked for a week that included the last half of pride week. We knew what we were doing. we received a polite email from the Premier desk asking if we were aware of the week. Given that public nudity and sexuality are not allowed we didn’t see much how it would be much different than usual. We felt that Attendees for pride week would kick the party up a notch even by TTR standards. We were up for that.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think the way of the World has indoctrinated people into thinking it's very un PC by saying you might want to avoid such an event.

I don't think people who go to TTR are homophobic, and I'm pretty sure that TTR is probably the most welcoming venue in Cancun for Gays and Lesbians.

However, it's quite natural to want to be around people who are similar to ourselves. We do that in our social lives at home, why wouldn't we want to for our social lives on vacation?

Would be similar if it was an over 60's event, an under 30's event, a lifestyle group or a British group.

Some who felt they didn't really fit might choose dates where the mix was more cosmopolitan, others who did fit might aim for that week specifically.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  5. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    That was the week that we originally wanted to go, but we changed our dates because it was pride week. Not that I care what someone’s orientation is, but I don’t want to be involved or around it.

6. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,849 / 5
    This is an interesting string, not for what it is (or started as) but for what is potentially underlying and where it will go? I agree it is natural to “flock” to people and things that are similar, I question (myself mostly) if that is really what I/we are really looking for when we go to TTR?
    As a former Army Ranger who knows all to well that life is short and is firmly confident that I think I know what I like and want in life. There is a part of me that is always wondering and questioning that......if I/we never see and experience outside our own flocks, herds or villages then are we truly experiencing everything in life? Or are we just being “comfortable”?
    Everyone goes to TTR for different reasons, but there seem to be some common themes and “wishes” that most have. These commonalities (at that level) are what makes it so easy to meet complete strangers who become lifelong friends, to party at a higher level then you thought possible and to “live” out fantasies you never thought you would and, most importantly, it is that common vibe of “nobody knows you and nobody gives a shit” that makes TTR so unique (IMHO).
    Please do not confuse this with suggesting switching teams, crossing boundaries or questioning preferences or lifestyles but more in the sense that why would anyone else’s preferences or lifestyle change the goal of the trip if everyone (or most people) come/s to TTR to escape, party, push boundaries, live out a fantasy, meet people and have a great time?
    Sorry for rambling on a Friday afternoon, work sucks today!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Wow, Mike!
    Quite the deep post for sure.
    I need to read again and digest a bit...just drove back 5 hrs straight from Dallas.
    Much to think about.

8. Jason & Bob

Jason & Bob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 0
    I laugh my ass off seeing the posts and comments about how everyone is or “should be made aware of” that there is or was a “Pride Week.”

“Don’t want to be involved in it or around it”
    “It will mostly likely be dead”
    “Be aware of the possible influx of gays”
    “We’re glad they received a special warning email”
    Etc, etc, etc...

Can’t tell if it’s joking or not, but if it’s NOT a joke, then so much for the “nobody knows you and nobody gives a fuck attitude” right??? I’ve gone there twice now with my husband and celebrated our honeymoon with our AMAZING friends we met the first time there...some of which were invited to our wedding, some of which brought us wedding gifts to the resort when we decided to go there for our honeymoon. So before judging someone by their sexual orientation, maybe think before you speak, cuz guess what, there were gays and lesbians both times we went and it wasn’t even Pride Week.

One more food for thought, don’t be judging “us”’for wanting to hold hands or kiss the one we love because we are the same sex, cuz guess what...you’re probably not telling your family, friends, coworkers, etc, that you’re flying to another country to shack up with another married couple...We don’t judge you, so please don’t judge us...it’s 2019...Be secure in YOUR OWN sexuality and you’ll be fine...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    That's why I like Key West so much

10. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I KNOW I wasn't saying anything negative about pride week in general. And I actually think that the resort should have one (if you have enough people all looking for the same thing at the same time). Outside of that, I don't think its a problem at all (at least not for my friends) when there are groups of gay men at the resort. It's not a foreign thing to me to hang around with gay people, of either sex, and don't really care if you hold hands or kiss your same sex partner in public. (it would actually piss me off if anyone made you feel you shouldn't).

However, I do believe communication is important from the resort if there are any "special type" of weeks on the books. No matter what the group, the dynamic of said group would/does change the resort. In this case, I heard that the day after we left, before the canceled pride week started, that 40 gay couples did arrive, and there were some differences in vibe and the pool/games.

But that's the same if a large Life Style group shows, or MochaFest, or this new Dirty Vibe takeover. The resort should communicate, and/or have something on the calendar to inform the population. Some travelers might not want to plan their vacation at a time when a large majority of the people there are into something they are not into. If groups like: Rap music, Lesbian, EDM music, Jimmy Buffet Heads takeover, Gay, Furries, Life Style, Boy Scouts, Hard Core Dominatrix, Threesome takeover, Heavy metal rock week, etc. then it should be known, and I think it's logical to assume, that times right before or after those resort scheduled "Special weeks" could have diminished crowds.

I know if there was a Trekkie week take-over, you know the resort wouldn't have the same guests as normal, but you know I would be there! And I wouldn't enjoy it if other people where coincidentally at Temptation during my non-existent event (haha) that were going to knock something that is part of my lifestyle. It wouldn't be too much fun for me to bump elbows with someone that is sticking their nose up to the awesomeness that is Star Trek. Even though my opinion is that they should jump right in the pool...pointy ears first.

upload_2019-8-28_11-52-26.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice