Premier Price rise

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by kinkybabe1109, Jan 10, 2015.

1. kinkybabe1109

kinkybabe1109 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are premier members and trying to book for May and have a signed contract price. Has anyone had a price raise with out being told. They are telling us it is $15 a night more than what we have in writing. Slightly annoyed is an under statement.

2. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    We haven't checked for 2015 but our contract when we renegotiated it in Nov 13 listed the rates for 2014 and stated that the rates could (which means would in my mind) increase in the following years based on operating costs etc. The prices quoted in our contract were not for the duration of the contract...it was in the fine print and the Premier sales staff did point this out to us.

I can understand being annoyed but it might be worth reading the fine print so you know if you can make a case with Premier. We were told that if we ever find a lower price than our membership price and 1) if we book that they would give us the Premier benefits etc and do complimentary room upgrade if available or 2) match the price for the room type, which would be hard since pricing is time sensitive.

The last 3 trips, Nov 13 to Sep 14, we have been given complimentary Jacuzzi room upgrades so I think they are trying to keep members happy to some extent. So far they have done right by us :)

:flagcanada:

3. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    At this point I would be very concerned about buying (we have no intention ever of doing so) into the "property with all the changes going on. I wonder what is going to happen to those who have done so. Just a thought...

4. kinkybabe1109

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    when we took the membership out we asked about prices going up and they said it may but we would be told by how much. They also said it would be unlikely to go up for a few years because of the way they change the contracts. We also asked in october about the changes and was told that they were not going to close the place for refurb but just going to update the rooms. Just get the feeling that they just talk to get the sales then dont give a shit about you once you sign. We may just get a package holiday instead an go have the argument with them in person.

5. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Thinking the same thing here...

6. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    They can't raise the room rates but they can increase the AI fees. But those increases are supposed to be tied to the CPI and can't be raised more than any percentage increase in the CPI.

7. TomAndTabi

TomAndTabi June Junkies 4ever Registered Member

Ratings:
    +416 / 0
    This is correct (as in what we were told when we enlisted).

8. kinkybabe1109

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Think they are not playing far because we would not upgrade our package last time we were there. They had it in writing it was the same amount in the new contract so why bump our price up. I smell a rat somewhere. They have been asked why the price difference and just waiting for a response. We will be over in may whether it's by premier or tour operator but we won't take it lying down if that's what they think. Maybe if the hotel reads this they can message us to explain instead of pissing another premier member off like they are good at.

9. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    We bought in this past year....reason being...we have been going to the past seven years and realize that some one is going to pay for the reno. If we - the premier members are locked into our rates....my guess is that the 'red bracelet people' are going to have to make up the difference'....they are the only ones that are not price fixed

10. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Smart ppl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice