Premier Benefits Issues?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cutecouple624, May 26, 2022.

1. cutecouple624

cutecouple624 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    This is a bit random of a thread, but I could not find any other relevant posts about it.
    Has any else had any issues with getting booked? We have been members for 9 years, and I was just looking to book for Halloween, and was told that I could only get a garden view, even though my contracted unit, which is also guaranteed as long as booked within 120 days, is an ocean view. I don't want to go all lawyer on them, but they are telling me I have to pay the same price for a garden view. Never happened before in over a dozen trips on our contract. What was the point of paying for an upgraded contract if they cant fullfill it.

Let me know if you have had any issues,
    Thanks!

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Keep in mind that TTR's desk/office staff has had a lot of turnover, and some of them are so new they may not even know "how" those room things work.

Did you call them, or are you working through email? If your contract says something other than Garden, and they are forcing you to stay in Garden, and there's not some "wiggle" clause like "based on availability" you are probably entitled to some sort of comepnsatin would be my guess.

Going all lawyer on them doesn't work well, but they Do abide by the contract... but the contracts are slick. Read everything?

3. cutecouple624

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    I finally got them to agree that the contract is correct, but they are just simply sold out and will do their best to get me into my room type for the trip. I appreciate that they are probably as busy as ever with everyone trying to come after 2 years of covid, but they need to be proactive. Offer folks some resort credit or something to celebrate. In the past they bumped us to Desire for free for a few nights when they were sold out of our room type, now they want to downgrade rooms.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    A downgrade in room shouldn't be the option, an upgrade should be and that "should be" on them. Are you OK with kicking it over to DRM or Pearl for the trip or a few days of it? You could toss that option out for them, maybe they'll pick it up. Or, get a Serious discount on your trip cost, something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. kenb

kenb Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 1
    Premier is a rip off. The benefit is for them not you. They already have your money before you even book the trip.

6. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Check the exact wording in your contract. They have changed over the years from what I've heard. Modern contract the room rate is a set price so regardless if you book at your top allowed room level or below you pay the same rates. The "guarantee room" is just that if you book more than X days you can get a room but they do not guarantee it is at the top level. From a practical standpoint it would be impossible for them to offer 120 day guarantee at the contracted level. If someone had a penthouse contract, those sell out 2 years out for major holidays. It would be impossible for them to guarantee penthouses at 120 days out as they are simply not enough of those rooms, same goes with master suites, and slight less but still limited Lush and Bash rooms.

7. cutecouple624

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    Our contract defines our "Contracted Unit" as "Ocean View", and that we are "Guaranteed use of your Unit" if you book 120 days in advance, otherwise you are subject to availaiblity. There is nothing anywhere else that defines or absolved them of the defined contracted unit type. I hear you on the impossibility to guarantee, but they also control how many units they hold back for members, and how many they sell through their website to non-members. The whole purpose of becoming a premier member for us, was to guarantee a room, at the lowest rate (yes it is $1500 less for the week than the web rate). We love the place and the perks, just honestly wanted to hear if any other premier members had the same issues, or if it was just a fluke.

8. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    so far we have had great luck on getting the room we want. I would def go for an upgrade if they only offer garden view. we are booking almost a full year in advance again this year. so hope that helps getting the room we want! I hope it works out in your favor.

9. leeholly

leeholly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Question - I am a premiere member
    We booked our 1 st reservation as a premiere member
    Our upcoming booking (Sept) I was able to use a promo code using the premiere member website. I Called & asked if we could use our 40% for yacht. I was told yes. I emailed yacht reservations and was advised no. Then yacht reservations tied in reservations to get an answer

reservation told me since I got a discount on the room ( again booked thru the premiere website room rate was less then contracted amount that I would not qualify for the 40% back to the resort in credits.

My question is …. Im confused … I thought Id get to use the 40% of what I paid for total.

Does any premiere member know this answer?

10. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    Loyalty rewards will only be awarded when booking at your contract rate (listed as Loyalty on the website when choosing the room category). Any reduction from that price will not qualify.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice