Please Help!!! Passports

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by rodeo1018, Aug 3, 2021.

1. rodeo1018

rodeo1018 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Was planning a trip for late September. Just found out that expedited passports are 12 weeks out…any advice to get it quicker?

2. coupleat302

coupleat302 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Here's our experience.... Both of our passports expired in Jan. 2021. We sent them off for renewal Feb 2021. Paid the extra fee and used expedited service. We got them back June 25, 2021. Nearly 16 weeks.

The problem was USPS. I tracked them the entire time. Outbound ours sat at the Memphis, TN location for 5 weeks before departing for Philadelphia, PA.

Passports are printed in Tucson, AZ.. coming back they sat at the Tucson USPS facility for EIGHT WEEKS before moving. April 22 - June 22.. they didn't move. It caused us to have to reschedule an early June trip.

The only hope I think you have is to pay the additional fee to not only expedite but to use PRIORITY OVERNIGHT USPS... for God sakes don't use regular priority mail.. cause evidently it's not a priority right now.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  3. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
  4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Are you anywhere near a passport center (US Regional passport center)?
    Passport Agencies
    I needed one same day and got one in Buffalo (1hour drive). Took three hours total and cost about $260.

5. choffman2k

choffman2k Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Call your congressperson’s office to see if they can help. They’re also being inundated with requests though. We just got ours back after about 15 weeks with no expedited service.

Odd thing is…we mailed them off in early May in the same envelope. Mine was about two weeks behind my wife’s.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice