Please Help. Newbie Couple Questions.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by David®, Feb 5, 2022.

1. David®

David® Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi everyone.

First of all, I would like to thank you in advance for the free answers given in this forum. Thanks a lot.

Second, I apologize if the text is not spelled correctly. We are not fluent in English and this is an automatic Google translation.

We are a Spanish couple of 40 (me) 31 (her).

We have booked at the Temptation Cancun hotel for 16 nights. From August 6 to August 22. The “Lush Tower Oceanfront” room.

We love the Caribbean in general and have stayed in several hotels.
    The last three trips we have been to:

“Catalonia Royal La Romana (Bayahibe, Dominican Republic)”, “Excellence Playa Mujeres (Cancún) and the last one “TRS Coral (Cancún)”. In these last 3 trips we have been very well, we have enjoyed and rested a lot, especially in the last 2 hotels, which are the ones we liked the most.

We like to have fun, but we also like to relax and unwind.

After this brief introduction and considering that we have never been to the Temptation hotel in Cancun, here are our newbie questions:

1. Is the month of August a good option to go to the Temptation Resort? I am not referring to the weather, we always travel to the Caribbean in August and we know it. I am referring to the complex specifically in that month (if it is very crowded, the type of people who go that month…..).

2. In your opinion, are 16 nights too many nights? I read many people who only go 4 or 5 nights. Would 16 nights be too much?

3. We are VERY VERY concerned about rest. As we said in the presentation, we like to have fun, but also to rest and relax. We understand that the concept of this hotel is very different from what we are used to in other hotels and we have to come with a slightly more open mind and willing to have fun but. My problem is that I have a hard time falling asleep at night and I wake up very easily. When I wake up in the middle of the night, there is no way I can go back to sleep. My question is: is it a very noisy hotel at night?? I mean later than 12 at night. When I talk about noise I mean loud music, people screaming or laughing in the corridors… Etc. I have read some negative comments about it. We have made the reservation in the “Lush Tower Ocenfront” room in case this helps you tell me if I will hear a lot of noise.

4. Another different question but related to the previous one. Some comments say that there are many rude and rude people in the hotel. For example, they yell in restaurants (I've read comments from other couples that they couldn't hold a conversation inside restaurants due to noise and yelling from other guests).

5. I know that the concept of the Temptation has nothing to do with the Excellence or the TRS but, I would like to know the opinion of someone who has also been in those hotels to compare them with the Temptation, and I do not mean the atmosphere of the hotel nor the public and activities, I mean the "quality" of the hotel. With "quality" I mean facilities, food, staff, rooms...

6. As we have said before, we do not know how to speak English. Can this be a problem? Is this a hotel where majority English is spoken? I am referring of course to the clients. Are almost all English speaking? In your opinion… what % of customers approximately speak Spanish? Do you think that approximately 20% of the clients speak Spanish? less? plus?

Sorry for so many questions, but we are afraid to get there and not feel comfortable.

It's 16 days and it's not exactly cheap.
    In addition, I have called the hotel to ask if, once there, we do not like the atmosphere or the hotel. I have been told that they do not return ANY money in case we want to leave. That is, if after 2 days of being there we want to leave, we lose the money for 14 nights.

Really, again, thank you very much in advance.

Greetings!

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    16 days is a long time. There are plenty of places to relax on the resort, when needed. I recommend consider altering your reservations to have a week at the end to relax.

3. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    Sixteen days would be too long for us. Personally I would split it between Temptations and a more relaxing resort. While there are relaxing places like the quiet pool and the roof top pool, the atmosphere overall is just non-stop. After a week we need to give our livers and ears a break.

The noise from Bash can get to be a problem depending on the room location. But you should be able to request a room away from the night club.

The quality of the resorts isn't going to be 4 seasons, but it isn't bad at all. More of a Miami Beach vibe than an understated elegance.

Being that the resort is in Mexico, you will find quite a few people that speak Spanish. Most people speak English, but quite a few are bi-lingual. Seems like you know some English so I don't forsee you having a problem.

Temptations as most all inclusive have overly drunk people that can be rude and loud. But we generally found them to be more entertaining than detrimental. You generally see them in the "pink chariot of shame" by the end of the evening. Security is very good at taking care of trouble makers.

I know there is a big "take over" in April. Not sure of the dates but you may want to check before booking.

Temptations is a great resort and a lot of fun, especially for re-kindling the passion in a relationship. Hope you decide to go and have a great time.

4. David®

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you very much for the answers. But I think it generates more doubts, I don't know if it is a recommended resort for us... we are very doubtful!!!!

5. kenb

kenb Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 1
  6. David®

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello, thanks for your contribution but one question, the Desire is much more daring?? I mean it's not too much for a novice couple?? I understand it's a clothing optional hotel, which seems stronger than Temptation's topless. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    We usually go for 15 days every year. So 16 days is not a problem.

As for rest, no worries there. They have what they call the Quiet Pool. Its away from the Sexy Pool and is in fact quiet. :)

You can hang there during the days you want to relax and at the Sexy Pool on days you want to party.

You are also in the Tower which gives you access to the roof top pool which is also quite when you need it.

As as far as the party goes, participate when you want and chill when you don't. The resort is large enough to get away from the party if you want to. Check out the Sports Bar on night you don't want the part at the Bash. The bar at the Quiet pool is open till about 10 PM every night for something different.

TTR is not really a 5 Star hotel, although it has glimpses of it. Yeah people are sometimes loud in the restaurants but that is due a lot to the acoustics, or lack thereof, in the design of the room. Everything echoes. Poor design. No strawberry delivery to the beach. But is is also what you make of it. The staff is fantastic and if you treat them with respect they will go over the top to make your vacation the best.

And don't worry, there are not lots of drunk people stumbling around the resort. Yeah there might be one or two but, as with any bar you go to, if they bother you move a little away from them and they seem to disappear into the crowd.

Don't worry. You made a great choice to try something different and may have found a new addiction. :)

Jamie

8. David®

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Hi Jamie. Thank you very much for taking your time to answer.

What do you think of the month of August? Have you ever been in that month?

What you say about the fact that there are a lot of noises in the room scares me... I have a lot of trouble sleeping...

What time does the music stop?

I understand that it is not heavy to be 16 days in your opinion.

Finally, what do you think of the comment made by the colleague earlier that the Desire hotel may be a better fit? Have you been to Desire? If the answer is yes, how do you compare to Temptation?

Thanks!

9. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    August will be hot, nature of the beast. Stay near a pool during the day and fans during the night.

As far as noise... drink and pass out, noise is not a problem. My wife does take ear plugs with her for the night when she can hear noise. There is really no escaping it at times so you just need to roll with it. If you get a room on the far side of the hotel by the quiet pool then at 2 AM when Bash closes the drunks seem to think it's cool to scream in the hallways and hear the echo. Last for about 15 minutes and a vast majority of the time you never wake up to it. Pisses me off sometimes but so does life but I still love and prefer life. :) So check out ear plugs and home to see what you are comfortable with so you have them if you need them :)

I am the same way you are at night. Sleep light and if I wake up my mind starts going and I can't get back to sleep. I used to live out in the country on 10 acres in total quiet so when I went to Temptation the first couple of night were hell. But we all adapt. Or maybe just get really tired. :) There is noise but it rapidly becomes background noise and you don't hear it. People complain about the music but if you're having a good time you really don't hear the music, its background noise (it's not a concert :) ). Check out the ear plugs, and go without worries. You will survive and have a great time.

Music stops about 2 AM, but the party never stops. ;)

Actually they have shown that a normal vacation takes about 7 days to relax on. Those that go for 7 or less days never truly relax. After 7 days you really begin to enjoy your vacation. After 14 you're ready to head home. So 15/16 is in the right spot as you enjoy your vacation and are not really sad to go home at the end. Granted after about 2 days at home you want to go back on vacation. :)

You've seen most shows twice, had a chance to see each at least once, much better at the trivia games in the second week (depending on your memory), know where to hang out for the best time in the second week, and by now the bartenders know your drink when you walk up.

Desires is more laid back, as Temptation is a college frat party for adults, but you also have to be comfortable being totally nude (both of you). Otherwise you'll get looks from the other nude guests. If that's not a problem and you want a quiet vacation with more of a chance of hooking up with other couples then Desires might be a better choice. If you are new to the concept then Temptation would be a better introduction.

Me, I've been doing Temptation for 23, going on 24, years now. Visited Desires one time on a day trip when it first opened.

Jamie

10. David®

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Understood, thank you very much again. I can deal with everything you say but the theme of the screaming and late-night partying that can be heard inside the room... it scares me. Especially because the hotel does not return the money if you are not comfortable…. I don't know what I'll finally do...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice