Please help, I need a good map!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Luckie, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Luckie

Luckie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, I need your help! I know there's a thread on here somewhere about a map of Cancun. Someone posted with the best map of Cancun and where you can buy it, but I can't find the thread. I guess I haven't mastered the search feature yet! If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are looking for a street map, I posted recently about one called Punto Mapa. They are $85 pesos and available at Papeleria Cancun, which is near Parque Las Palapas, going toward Uxmal (toward bus station) You can get there walking from the park from the street by the church or the one by La Habichuela as there is an entrance to the store from both streets, both named Margaritas, one way streets in opposite dircections. If you are going on the street by La Habichuela, the maps are located by Caja 2 (cashier 2). You will see a gumball machine and they are directly under that machine. The cover is red.

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/liv.../13723-best-cancun-street-map-hey-tori-b.html

If you are looking for a tourist map, then www.cancunmap is the one you want. They are updated often so always current. I agree with Steve that they are the best if you are looking for maps related to the tourist areas, not only of Cancun, but Isla Mujeres, Riviera Maya, Chichen Itza and more. I have and use them all, except Cozumel. They also have a map of the airport so you can find things like Immigration, restrooms, etc.

But Cancunmap.com does not compete with Punto Mapa. They are apples and oranges. Punto Mapa, a street map, is the best product available for getting around the city. And Cancunmap.com is better for a tourist oriented map. It really depends on what you are looking for.

4. rodman4085

rodman4085 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T.J., thanks for that description, as I have the Mapchick's maps also, but the Punto Mapo sounds like what I would rather have.....and to double check, you leave La Habichuela, and head north to Uxmal, and Papeleria Cancun is nearby? Can you add some specific directions, or is it pretty easy to find? We will be staying at the Casa Maya, and dining at the Peapod a few times next month, so I would like to pick up a map then, thanks!:aktion069:

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To get to Papeleria Cancun from the ADO bus depot downtown, just walk up Uxmal and its the second street on the left after going past the bus depot. Just a half block off of Uxmal.
    I also got a nice map there although it is blue and made by Blue Map MR. It is in english and is really a great map, not touristy, but reminds me of a hudson map if you are familiar with those. I work as a land surveyor and I like my maps.

Well heck I was bored here are pics of the map I bought.
    [​IMG]
    This one has all the street names and locations by quadrants ie: G-7 and general highway maps of Q-Roo.
    [​IMG]
    This is the detailed map of Cancun with all the SM no.'s also inside the SM's are smaller numbers which I assume are either lot numbers or block numbers.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rodman,

I will be real specific in case others are seeing this, but I know you have the starting point of La Habichuella.

You got it. From the HZ take the R-1, and get off at Palacio Municipal, which I am pretty sure is the 2nd stop on Tulum. Cross the street and walk beside Burger King to Parque Las Palapas

You can either make a right at the park, and pass the church and La Papeleria is about 200 yards on the left.

As you get to the park, La Habichuela is pretty much at the far right corner. Make the right there and La Pap is about 200 yards on the right. This is the easiest route to take if you are going to go for the maps. Again, they are sort of beside CAJA 2, which you can find from the sign above the check out line. If you go from the church you have to wander around the store to get to the area of the maps.

I will try to figure out how to insert and image from my computer, but it asks for a URL when I click on the yellow icon above. I can also email you a sample page of an SM. I took my map book apart and scanned every page. I also scanned the removable folding map but that one is a pretty big file. I am happy to email one or both to you if you PM me with your email address. Pick any SM you want to see.

Good luck but you can find it easy. I am in FL but return Tuesday. It is 32 deg F today and the low is 31 for Sun, Mon and Tues. BRRRR!!

7. rodman4085

rodman4085 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a ton T.J. and Gonzo!!!!

Thanks gentlemen, I too love my maps! Very familiar with the Hudson maps.....I did a delivery route for Spee Dee delivery for a year....found my way to every address in 3 counties! I will be visiting the Papeleria Cancun on either Jan 30th or 31st.....T.J., sorry to hear it is sooooo cold in Florida, it is 3 degrees F and clear sunny skies here in Wisconsin....so, I would trade you in a heartbeat!
    Thanks again, gotta love internet forums!
    rodney:aktion069::aktion033::aktion033:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice