Plaza 28 is NOT Market 28

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by T.J., Jun 15, 2012.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw this for the first time today. As you would get off the R-2 bus at the Walmart stop, but head toward MARKET 28, there is now a brightly colored building with a sign reading PLAZA 28. This would be just north of the Coba and Tankah intersection, on the right side of the street. DONOT BE CONFUSED.

In my opinion, this is an obvious ploy to mislead Cancun visitors into thinking that this is our famous MARKET 28.

From the look of the cast of characters in their white shirts, sitting and standing outside, under an awning, they are clearly OPCs, or time share dudes trying to get you on a tour of a resort.

I will try to play detective and maybe snap a photo or two, but please don't be mislead if you are actually wanting to go to Market 28. Just pass on by these folks about 100 yards or so and you will easily see the real Market 28.

2. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is NOT Market 28.

The guy in the chair and the guy nearby in the white shirt are OPCs, the first step in the Time Share process.

Just a head's up.

[​IMG]

3. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Were you able to find out which resort they were pushing? Just curious.

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, I had a lady and two sleepy kids after church when this was taken. I will see what I can find out and post it here.

5. J_Boost

J_Boost Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the heads up, its appreciated someone in the area would spot this and let us know.

6. Dan & Sandy

Dan & Sandy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for posting this T.J.

My wife and I went to Market 28 a month ago and went into this Plaza to cool down. We didn't get hit up by time share people, but the employees sure try and convince you that this is the market you are looking for.

Keep walking down the street and you'll find Market 28.

Dan

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dan,

I drive by there often and the fewest OPCs I have seen is 2 and that was about noon last Sunday. Maybe you went when they were all hung over and late for work.

I still need to go by there and find out who they are pimping. I promised my friend Cancun Mole that I would.

Thanks for the comments and to you too J Boost.

8. Scammed Shopper!

Scammed Shopper! Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beware plaza 28

I decided to do a little shopping. The hotel referred me to Mercado 28 and told me which bus to take. The bus drops you off right in front of A little place called Plaza 28. They of course waive you into their shop before you realize that you aren't in the right place. I actually thought it was the beginning of Mercado 28. They give you tequila samples which probably doesn't work un your favor.

They have many nice mexican handicrafts and souvenirs. The prices are higher than you should pay (higher even than airport prices) but they will ship and package nicely.

The real RIPOFF! Is the jewelry store. They are selling fake, cheap jewelry at real high end jewelry prices. The displays and lighting make everything look beautiful. The clerk answers all your questions and seems honest/knowledgeable I was completely taken buying fake Mexican Fire Opal for a $300.00. OUCH!

No timeshare presentation that I saw or heard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice