Planning For Early 2023 Trip - Ocean Front Master Suite

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JandTAZ, Oct 19, 2021.

1. JandTAZ

JandTAZ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    My wife and I are in the very early planning stages of a group trip to TTR in April 2023. Right now we're looking at 10 or more of our friends flying in from around the US to spend five days at the resort. I already have the Boobs Cruise and a trip to the ruins on our radar.

I'm looking at reserving an Ocean Front Master Suite for my wife and me once reservations open up for that month. From the videos I've seen on YouTube, it looks like with the patio and living area, there would be enough space for our friends to hang out in our room when we want to take a break from the pool, beach, etc. How many people do think could comfortably hang out in an Ocean Front Suite having drinks, playing games, etc?

I see the Master Suite has its own mini bar in the room. I haven't seen any info whether the room will have a mini fridge, how often the mini bar is re-stocked, or if there is an ice maker in the room or if ice is available. Is that alcohol also included in the price of the room or will I need to purchase liquor somewhere else in the area if I want certain things in the room. I think I remember reading there is a convenience store within walking distance of the resort that has a lot of things.

Any other pointers you wish you would have known when traveling with a large group to TTR? I'm trying to get as much info as I can for my friends over the next couple of months before reservations open up for the time we plan to visit. Thanks!

2. Cindy&Dave

Cindy&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 1
    We've never stayed in an Ocean Front but we have stayed in a Master, if you include the balcony there's lots of space for 10+ people. If you're going to throw a serious party it might be worth looking at a Penthouse, it gets the same stocked bar as the Master.

Our last stay was pre-covid and at the time the bar was stocked with 5 26oz bottles (included with the room) and we were always able to get our butler to swap bottles to match our preferences. They only stock the bar at the beginning of your stay, no restocks and I've heard it's only 4 bottles now. All rooms also have a small fridge stocked with a few mixers and beer that's re-stocked daily, once again your butler can help arrange for more or a different variety (I've also found tipping housekeeping well helpful). There's no ice maker in the room but there is an ice maker on every floor of the tower.

There are stores within walking distance of the resort and the one we frequent has a small liquor selection and the usual things you expect in a C-store (cross the street and turn left, it's called "My Friend"). If there's something you have to have it's probably better to grab it at the airport duty free.

Our largest group was 7 people and we didn't really do much different than when we travel as a couple, we did take advantage of the private room in the Italian restaurant and the Cabana's at Bash. Not so much a group thing but something I feel worth mentioning if you're throwing a party; don't let any ice, water or spilled drinks sit on the floor as any moisture makes them deadly slippery.

I'm sure you'll have a blast!

3. JandTAZ

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Thanks for all the info, that is REALLY helpful. My wife and I picked up a couple bottles of Tito's in Duty Free on the way to Turks and Caicos a couple years ago, so been there done that for sure. Its a long ways off and I'm already looking forward to it. We'll be there to celebrate my upcoming 50th birthday. :)

4. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 1
    We haven’t had the luck yet to stay in a Master but looking forward to be invited to one of the party there when we’re back… hehe

The only advice we would offer is that with 2 outside trips planned over a 5 days trip, you might miss out on some resort fun as there’s lots going on! We would privilege the Boobs Cruise given that you are there to celebrate your 50th! Typically, on a 7 days trip we do one outside tour to give you some perspective… and last time we were at TTR we missed quite a day party and were so exhausted that we didn’t make it to the end of the night where all of our friends had some late night/early morning fun. It all depends on what you’re looking for in the end and your preferences… this is just our 2cents!

Have fun planning!

5. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    We have stayed in the Masters and the PHs. All of them are “ocean front” but there are also ocean front rooms in the non tower section that are not “masters” and don’t get all the perks. The balconies are the best. Second floor master balcony is actually bigger than 2 of the PH balconies. It’s just the way they are designed. There is not a bar “in” the Master. It is on the balcony. You could move it in but not a ton of room because it is one actual room that contains the bed and couch area. You can fit 20+ on the balcony and all the hot tubs are the same size, can fit 8 (or more) in them. They do stock the bar but cut down by two bottles (previously mentioned to 4 bottles in the master) from previous trips. The penthouse gets a bit higher quality liquor too. We booked a PH (and it was confirmed) but it wasn’t available first three days so they put us in a Master. Sucked moving mid trip but we did get two full restocked bars that trip. OXXO across the street has top shelf for good prices and your butler will bring “free” bottles if you tip well. Good luck planning 18 months out….lots of things change regularly there so everything I am saying could be wrong by then?? I would second the advice to not go off resort (or prepay for any of that) except for the BC…do that. Any other plans will get lost after day 1…..Seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  6. JandTAZ

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback, you provided some really good information. Using April 2022 pricing which I know will be different for April 2023, it would be approx $4,200 USD for a Master Suite versus approx $6,300 USD for a Penthouse for the same time period. I had a heck of a time figuring out the cost using the TTR web site and then the promotions page. For us, the value isn't there for the additional $2,100 for a PH.

That is really good info to hear about the size of the hot tubs. I gathered from some of the other posts here they were larger than some of the other rooms, but reading it in your reply helps clarify it.

I hear what you're saying about not making other plans besides the BC. I'm honestly not much of a resort and stay in one place type of person. This will be my first inclusive resort I've ever visited. My wife has asked me more than once if I'm sure this is how I want to spend my 50th. I worked all the way through under-grad and grad school and missed out on the spring break experience. I guess in my mind I look at the BC as an extension of the resort since it'll have that party atmosphere. It's definitely something for me to consider though.

7. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    The hot tubs in the Masters and PHs are the same but there are soaking tubs in the Lush Tower rooms that aren’t really hot tubs and there are some in the Old section rooms that have tubs but never stayed in those. Think they are hot tubs but smaller. Bash Tower rooms don’t have hot tubs. As far as “stay in one place”….wait and see……

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice