Permanent Resident - leaving country?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    Anyone know the procedure for a permanent resident when they fly out of Mexico?

I'm flying out next week and wondering if I still have to go to the airport immigration office to fill out the forms or can I now miss that part out as a Mexican citizen would?

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,

Logic tells me that you would still have to go to INM.

The only other option I think would be to do as the Mexican nationals do, is filling out an Exit form at the ticket counter.

I would probably recon the situation or go early enough to stop by INM first, just in case. That would be quicker than standing in the ticket counter line then getting sent to INM and back to the long line.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    Thanks TJ.

Can confirm that yes Permanent Residents still need to go to Immigration to fill out the leaving form.

4. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gracias for that; in a few weeks I will be in that situation, and I am SO HAPPY that this was cleared up here; I've learned so much from you guys on the forum!

It's been a week today since I did the fingerprints and signatures at INM in Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice