~ PERICOS ~ PLEASE VERIFY

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by janie, Jul 30, 2009.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was posted that Pericos had closed for good, but today I read on another board that it's open,

can anyone please verify that?

gracias!!! :cool:

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They were certainly closed a few weeks ago, not sure anyone said it was 'for good' least on this board. My suspicion was that they closed while the occupancy was low, with plans to reopen.

I'm not likely to be in that area between now and when we leave for our vacation to check myself but I am sure someone will be able to verify - maybe TJ he goes drinking that way every night :wink:

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks, Steve!

Have a great vacation!!! :cool:

4. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    perico's

Janie,

They've not had any tables/furniture in the restaurant for several weeks and the taxi stand that was in front of the restaurant for years is now gone. Unless some big changes have happened in the last couple of days, I'm guessing Perico's is still closed. I'll check it out when I go out in a little while though.

Susan

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks, Susan :D

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    perico's

Janie,

I passed by Perico's on Thursday evening around 8:45pm. They DO have the tables and chairs stacked in the back of the restaurant now (I swear they were gone before), but they were definitely NOT open...and they used to be open at that time. There was just a security guard inside watching TV. I'm wondering if the person that reported Perico's as being open was maybe just confusing it with La Parilla instead?? La Parilla is open, as usual, you see...and it's very popular with tourists. If I spot any changes at Perico's, I'll let you know.

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much to Susan and T.J. for clarifying Pericos is closed.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    De nada janie.

As you know from my email, I walked over there on Saturday, from El Padrino's on Tulum, and they were closed.

Susan correctly points out that tables and chairs were stacked up. They were away from the front, which as you know is pretty much open to the elements.

There were lights on and I did see a TV playing that I had not noticed. I assumed this was for the benefit of a security person, who was not in sight. Probably sleeping behind the bar. Jeje

9. Dangers

Dangers Enthusiast Registered Member

In a Little Cafe on the Other Side of the Border
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The word I'm getting on this is that Perico's is closed in the downtown until at least December/ 2009 if not permanently at that location. Apparently, they have plans to re-open, via a new location, undisclosed yet, in the Hotel Zone in December/2009.

We'll have to see how and if that works out

:wink:

10. Rich and Linda

Rich and Linda Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, that would kinda suck. We always like the downtown location. A chance to get out of the HZ. Oh, well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice