People Taking Selfies

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bevy, Jul 31, 2021.

1. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    So personally I have no issue with people taking selfies if they do it when no one is around.
    They probably have only fans or snapchat and need the money .I have them so I understand
    hell I would do it if I weren't so drunk by the time I actually put make up on :)
    Gotta pay for my TTR addiction somehow ya know .
    Even though this year I am going to try very very hard to get at least pics of my theme night outfits .
    I have heard a lot of people complain about it but why ?
    does it just annoy you , are you afraid of being in the picture
    No judgement Wes and I were just talking about it so I wondered .

2. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    I'd be a little choked if someone took a picture of me half ass naked in the background for something they make money off of. You can also get in a lot of shit for that.

Plus the whole consent thing

If no one is there tho? I don't see why not. Screw it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  3. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    Wes told me well that camera is on both sides they may be pretending to do a selfie and actually going the other way
    sadly as jaded as I am I just did not think of that ..bright side apparently I am still capable of thinking people are good .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,852 / 5
    No problem with selfies or group shots of friends….but draw the line at full on video recording and live streaming at Bash (way too much of this last trip), during pool games or basically anywhere when you can’t control the background.

5. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    My biggest downfall with the pic thing is the more cameras around the more reserved people are ….. and nope dont care if someone can make a cpl bucks off a selfy let people be themselves and let loose for the money they already paid to be on vaca without having to wonder if thier ass is going to end up on someones instafucking page,,,

(.Y.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Really Hate the whole camera issue. Unfortunately it seems to be the norm now with everyone having the cameras out and taking pics.. I remember the time when we all just had a blast without the phones and cameras.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  7. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    I see this as very simple. Temptation sells a product. People are buying the product they sell. Part of that product is no phone / cameras allowed in certain areas. Enforce the rules. Why someone doesn't want to be in a photo doesn't matter. They bought at a resort that promises no photos, that's the only reason that matters and that is the only reason why people shouldn't be taking photos.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    There's lots of places to take beautiful pics at TTR. They list several on the map. We plan on taking tons of photos, none of which will include people who don't want to be in them.

Privacy is one of those things that doesn't really matter until all of a sudden it REALLY does. One day you, or that person you snapped could be in the news, or going through legal troubles, or simply having body issues. You can make that privacy call for yourself, but it's a dick move to make it for someone else.

We've made a ton of friends with unique and cool backgrounds at Original's resorts. Some don't want/can't have their photos taken, and that's fine. It's part of the rules, and adds a little mystique to going :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. FLcupl

FLcupl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +378 / 0
    So far, I’ve found myself in the background of one video & in one picture. These were both posted on FB in the past week. My face and breast were easily seen. My hubby has a high profile job and if I am recognized, it could lead to serious issues for him. Thankfully, both FB posters understood when I contacted them. One deleted the video and the other blurred me from the photo.

Scared me to death when I saw the posts. You know the kind of scare where your butt puckers and you get stinky armpits!!! :eek:

TTR really needs to do something to correct this ASAP. Other resorts use the camera cover sticker. Or like at Hedo… the security will take the phone. Also, the Hedo visitors also have no problem calling people out and shaming them from doing so.

Definitely keeping my eye out for other posts and not feeling really good about the chances that I end up in other posts. Frustrating :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Bottom line, they're chasing the $$'s , the group they are attracting are addicted to their phones and taking pics, with no understanding of the impact it can have on "innocent" people. Since reno, the hotel has only paid lip service to the rule at the Sexy pool, if there was Sex going on, security would be there in a trice. Sorry folks, this is entirely down to the hotel and it's failure to act. JJ and the playmakers holding a board up has no impact......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice