PEARL - It is the little things that make it special

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by Jen&Kyle, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We just returned from 4 nights at Temptation then 4 nights at Pearl. (A great way to do both by the way). This was our 2nd trip to Pearl and we found even more this time that Pearl just goes the extra mile. Sometimes the smallest details can just make you feel special. Further enforces that despite pearl being 2.5-3 times more expensive it is in our opinion the better value.

Some of the little things...
    - our plates carried back to our table for us while visiting the breakfast buffet.
    - staff remembering what I special ordered in MAY and asking if I would like it again.
    - walking up for my first drink on my first day the bartender saying hi Kyle you still drinking grey goose?
    - being able to drink goose, jack Daniels and other top shelf liquors
    - an appetizer desert being brought to our room nightly (we were in the penthouse but still) such as pastries, chocolate covered strawberries, etc
    - my ice bucket being filled nightly by 7pm without me asking simply bc they know me and the mrs likes to retire from the hot tub then to the room to get ready for dinner and have a cocktail
    - bottled water being brought to me wout me asking after I return sweaty from a game of volleyball
    - the dj from May remembering my wife's favorite song which she had requested he play then (and he did)
    - a sign up board by the pool where u could make music requests and the dj then plays them (we have made many many requests at TTR w tips and they never play them, this was even free at pearl)

And a big one...
    - charging us $225 for a party on our penthouse for 20 people but when 48 show up they don't charge more. Included full bar, buffet, speaker, Jell-O shots, lights. TTR was $20 a person so ended up being $1000 for 50, no food provided and they counted every person to be sure they got every dollar.

There is more which I will include in a trip report later but anyone still questioning the value just take the plunge. You won't regret it!

2. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    I agree 100%. We are going to do our second split trip in Feb. We like to get our party on at Temptation first and then get spoiled for the rest of vacation at Desire. We love both places but get bored with Temptation after a few of days. A change of scenery is a nice addition. Desire is well worth the added cost. They treat you like a king. That personal touch. The rooms at Desire are so much better.
    The clothing optional at Desire is what we need after having to go half way at Temptation. People at temptation talk about sneaking in a skinny dip. At Desire there is no sneaking. I guess what I am saying is I don't like playing games with security.
    Love the people at both resorts. Very friendly

3. Kevin_Ailsha

Kevin_Ailsha President of the Fireball Nomad Trailerhood Registered Member

Ratings:
    +514 / 0
    Kyle,
    Thanks for the info. How does the party atmosphere compare? Looking forward to full trip report.

4. Randy&Kay

Randy&Kay Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0
    looking forward too the trip report too. good info, might sway us to do split trips

5. pharmdtg

pharmdtg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interested in reading your trip report as well. We have been to TTR 4 times and going again in February for Week 8, but are beginning to look at the Desire resorts for the future as the price keeps creeping up and the value seems like its going down at TTR.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Of all the things I thought you would possibly say, having someone carry a buffet plate was furthest from my mind. To each his own, but I would feel like an absolute idiot/pretensions snob, having someone do that for me.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It is very different. Each have their own positives. TTR is the spring break style which honestly I love for a couple days but does get old. Pearl is a more refined upscale party. More of a high risk high reward situation. If you have the right people in that amazing atmosphere then watch out. Or if u can make your own party then you can make some amazing memories. If u r more the introvert type then you may strike gold and have the right people or you may be with a bunch of people waiting for the party to start. End result for us is the reward of the better beach, food, rooms and facilities such as hot tub outweigh the risk of it not being as good of a party. Going to be difficult to choose TTR again.

8. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    See, that is the difference between you and me. You think negative, criticize and I think it is an employee doing his job trying to make a customer happy. I didn't ask for it. He just did it and it didn't make me feel bad, it made me feel appreciated as a guest and boy did I reward him for his exceptional customer service thru a tip and in my feedback upon departure.

I am sure many have experienced Rudy at Pearl. He is one of the best.

9. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Wow, awesome price on that party! :partytime:

10. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    At around double the $$$ as TTR, they better carry my buffet plate, my lunch plate, my dinner plate, and peel my grapes!! LOL

We've always said that if TTR ever tried to bump us to Desire, we'd go. But cant see forking out that kind of $$$ just for a different atmosphere.

We do wish it were more reasonably priced. We'd try it for sure if it were.
    To each his/her own. :icon_lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice