Pcr Tests

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by G&L, Nov 29, 2021.

1. G&L

G&L Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Just returned from our second fabulous trip to Temptation. Canadians are finally returning in force and we met a bunch of folks who were also from Toronto along with others from Barrie, Guelph, Ottawa, Sudbury, Montreal, Winnipeg and one couple all the way from Whitehorse.

Our return flight was Saturday afternoon so we hoped to get our PCR tests just inside the 72 hour window - sometime after 3 pm Wednesday. That would mean if we got our negative result Thursday morning we would have two whole days to have fun and not have to think about the test result. Or in the unlikely event we had a positive test we'd have a couple of days to find suitable accommodations in Cancun for quarantine.

When we asked about getting a test at Temptation we were informed the earliest we could get it was Thursday morning at 10 am. We decided instead to check an alternative place that I'd learned of from a Tripadvisor review. If you cross the road from Temptation and turn left it's probably a 5 or 6 minute walk. Once you pass the Catholic church and the Carnitas Michoacan restaurant, you'll see two white tents and what looks like a mini shipping container.

The company that conducts the test is called Mavelsa.com - and from what they told us they process the tests for most of the resorts in Cancun. They did the test on the spot - in all it took about 15 minutes. They advertise a rate of $90 US per test which is already a discount on the Temptation rate of $120. But when I went to pay the guy said he was going to charge me in pesos because it was cheaper. It came to $2400 pesos for the two of us. When I converted that to Canadian dollars I was shocked that it worked out to a total of $140 CDN. We ended up paying less than half of what we would have paid at Temptation or the pharmacy across the street from Temptation.

We had our tests done around 4:30 or 5 pm and as promised we received our negative results at 8 am the next morning. We were very happy with the service we received but everyone will have to decide on the best testing option for themselves. And have a great time at Temptation whenever you get there!!

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. cdncpl14

cdncpl14 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Great to know thanks for the info! Fellow Canadians arriving the 5th as along as everything is gtg

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I prefer the "included" PCR test we get on-site at DRM... but, maybe that's just me.

...lol...*snicker*...

Yeah, i know I paid a bit more to stay at DRM, and it's little things like that level of service and complimentary provisions of necessity for my travel that keep me coming right on back.

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    That's an excellent deal and might look into it on our next trip in April.
    We were there same time as you and most likely have met, but without a picture, I can't tell! I have a name memory or Dorrie the fish.... a 5 second span!
    We took the hotel test at $120 each (+$20 tip for in room service of young nurse) at 11:30 on Thursday and they came to our room exactly on time to take our test. About 15 min for both and all was good. Test came back at 9:00am next morning in good shape and ready to print.
    Wife was really scared of getting stuck there so did all possible to stay safe.
    We can't stress more that the staff do all they can to make it the best for us and our butler, Lefranc, was all that could be. The service he gave us was way beyond what we expected. It was a first for us to ask for service but he delivered exponentially. Hope he gets to see this message.

5. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    This might be off-topic, if so, please ignore this question...

USA will now implement ' Same Day as Travel covid tests requirements' to reenter the country.
    How will TTR implement this for people leaving their resort?
    If anyone in the next month or two uses their service for the Covid Test, regarding the new travel timeline requirements, please post their experience.
    thanks

6. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    USA are asking for Antigen which gives results in 15 min so don't think it's a problem.
    They held the tests in an office next to the Premier desk by the coffee shop and Sutra, and people would just wait in hallway every morning.

7. Mr 204

Mr 204 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    We’re that couple all the way from Whitehorse! Also ran in to others from Edmonton, Saskatoon, Vancouver, and the Maritimes. Great to see planes full again! We probably over paid for our PCR testing by taking the easy way out and just going to the walk-in clinic across the street. It seemed clean and reliable, but missed that authentic experience of getting swabbed in a tent on the side of the road

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Having decided not to get the jab I had to do the 24 hrs before flight home in Nov. Had the Antigen test done at 9:15am on the Saturday of my flight home. Received the email around 11:00am and was on the USA Transfer shuttle to the airport at 1:15pm. They do have 15 minute testing pop up sites all over the hotel zone or you can have it done at the airport before you check in.

9. Jeff & Yolie

Jeff & Yolie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Who’s from Montreal? I have a couple more days here for work and could use some TTR fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice