Paseo Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pocodinero, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did Paseo Cancun change their name? I gave someone directions to the mall. They told me that they could not find the mall but went to a place called (something like) "Outlet Center" that was behind Soriana and Home Depot. Any info?

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm. I have not noticed any signage except on some stores where the old Food Court used to be. Think I will go over to Starbucks in a bit and see what's up. There are "outlet" stores over there with mdse from Nike (more clothes than decent shoes) Bershka, Zara, Tommy Hilfiger and more. Saw some decent prices on kids clothes but more polyester stuuf than cotton.

Will try to report back in later tonight or tomorrow.

3. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Half of it is still paseo cancun and the other is the new outlet center.

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, something with "Outlet".

Found 3 pair of Nike sneakers for a total of 1200 pesos, compared with ONE pair in Las Americas for 1300 :partyhorn:

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A friend and I walked into the outlet store (where the food court used to be) and he was very skeptical as to the authenticity of some of the items.. of' course I guess buyer beware is good advice regardless of where you shop.

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Life: Oh absolutely. One has to check details to be sure. I knew what models I was looking for and gathered all the details. IF they are fake, then they are the best copies I´ve ever seen, haha :)

I went into the clothing outlet, but turned and walked out right away.

The shoes I got at Nike Factory Outlet, left hand side of the "regular clothing" outlet.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life = El Negativo.

Jajajaja

9. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Nike outlet is good- it has 40% discount on some stuff. I bought tennis wear for myself and the lad that was in the Nike store in Malecon at normal price.
    The store selling Pull and Bear and Zara stuff was not so great.

10. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went there the other week and it seems to have completely gone down hill that mall, yes lots of outlet shops that apparently had discounts but it just looked like the crap they can't shift in Malecon at basically the same price as it used to be. I went in that big shop that had lots of different makes and racks and racks of awful clothes, I wanted out inside 30 seconds, it was like a more Pikey version of TX Max!

We do like the Cinema over there because they let babies in and it's cheaper and less busy than Cinepolis plus the bowling alley is cheap too and good place for a night out, sometimes they have beers for 12 pesos and they do great wings downstairs (However upstairs they were awful if u get them as part of the very random eat and drink as much as you like in the bar, they just kept bringing us plastic plates of over fried wings, chips, onion rings and a very poor attempt at Nachos, basically some totopos chucked on a plate with the cheapest cheese dribbled on top and it took ages to get a beer in a plastic cup).

Shame that Paseo (now Outlet Plaza or whatever) never really took off and expanded though, used to make a nice change from Las Dirt as I call it (because I somehow seem to find myself there every weekend of my life, wondering what i'm doing at the womens shoe section of Sears for the umpteenth time! :icon_sad:). I think they tried to go a little bit too upmarket with it and it failed., you can always tell if a place is failing once the restaurants in the food court start rapidly closing down, I suppose it's because the clothes shops can scrape by on a few sales whereas the fast food places rely on many customers to keep going)

Sure it's 1.49am, why am i not in bed? :cool014:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice