Parnassus Tips! <3

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by HammieJ, Jan 20, 2011.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Anyone who has stayed here that wants to share info or tips with others, feel free too! A lot of times I am just sitting around thinking, and I remember ... "Oh yeah! I should let them know about...". So I've made this thread because of that.

My tidbit of info for today:
    Who likes massages?!!? :aktion030: Okay face it! We all do! Do any of us want to pay Resort & Spa prices though? :huh: Nopers!! Didn't think so!
    Here's what ya do! For those of you that are only staying 3 days, I'm sorry.... but this may not work for you! If you are staying 5-7 days, or more.... this is probably for you! A lot of times, the spa people go to the pool. I don't think it's every day, but I would say at least 2-3 times a week they bring their massage chair to the pool and basically advertise their services. After they tell you about the spa and whatever deals they might be having(usually only like 1-2 minutes), they will over free five minute chair massages. This will take place under the white beautiful wedding pagoda in between the two pools, and on top of the 50 person jacuzzi(which by the way, I'm sure if you really tried you could probably fit about 300 in :D ). It's free and you can't beat it! :) Most of the times, the spa is full priced. HOWEVER, sometimes they walk around the pool and hand out little pieces of paper with discounts. I know my friend "BrentC" on here got an hour massage for $90 when usually I think it's like $145USD. I got a 1/2 hour foot massage before for $25 when usually it's much more. I DO have the price pamphlet, although it may have went up since last March, and I will try my best to find it, scan it, and post it on here. It's usually very difficult to find any pricing info on their spa before you go! :(

Use the flyers though! A lot of people don't use them. I know we came home with like 4 of them(probably expired by now). Usually they are for 30% off the massage. Sometimes poolside though they will announce specials for the day. If you don't hang out by the pool though.... you'll miss the deals!

Brent, Brice and I just loveee massages! We always take up on the deal!

On a side note..... have a friend that also wants a massage? My friend Brice and I got the "couples massage' when we went together in 2009. You don't have to actually BE a couple lol. I believe it was 180 or 190 for 2.... but we went halfsies and it was much cheaper! Sometimes they do a buy one person, one hour massage and get a friend, one hour free. If you go halfies, you're saving money then too! :) Don't worry, if you are going with a friend, they are super great with the towels they use for the massages, and you won't see each other naked! Although Brice felt the need to open his towel at the end when he stood up and shake his junk for me. I then responded back with shaking my boobs at him, lol. Nothing he doesn't see poolside anyway! lol.

The ladies there are great. They will always ask you if they are pushing hard enough or to your liking. If you just say yes, they will smile. But if you say sure but just a little harder ..... or hey could you go back to right here, that felt amazing! They love it when you don't just say yes or no.... but direct and guide them. One time, I asked the lady to push a bit harder on my foot. She so graciously responded "oh yes yes absolutely! thank you soo much for telling me!" With this huge beautiful genuine smile on her face.

If you are kind and loving, these people will treat you like you are gold. I love them <3

Lastly, I didn't say this.... but I have a friend, who has experienced what hormones plus a bit extra tip will get you. I don't know if they all do this or if it's only one girl.... but just food for thought i suppose! lol.

If I think of anything else regarding massages or the spa, I will gladly let you know! :) Enjoy! sorry so long! I have trouble just "getting to the point" sometimes! :)

2. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Thanks for the tips! Keep them coming!

- Stacey

3. DDfun

DDfun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back from GP, tip well and they take great care of you. They have a great staff.

4. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i <3 GP's massage :)

5. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    awee is Gamaliel still there? LOL! Sorry he's the best! lol.

@808.... I'm sure u do. the "couples massage" thread could use your input :D

6. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As of December 22, he is still there. My friends at the poolside bar are also still there, which was great to see!

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    awee.... i wish i could find his email! He has been there since my first trip in 2004 so i dont think he is going anywhere....but ya never know! :)

I miss him and Carlos from the front desk mucho mucho!
    I heard they got rid of most of the entertainment staff!!! Who was there in december?

8. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    last time i was there (august).... they got rid of few entertainment stuff who was there back in springbreak.

they hired couple and one which im great with (margarita)

9. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, there are a couple of holdovers from Spring Break - one is the staff you had in your picture when you went with the GP staff, and the other is the tall, thin guy with spiky hair - large tattoo on back - that was in the staff show.

Agree with 808, Margarita was great - and was good at getting the party going!

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    We missed last year at the GP and I hope the entertainment staff has improved. In my opinion, that was the only weak part of the resort. Within one month to go - big storm going to hit the midwest again. I wish that we are already gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice