Park Royal Piramides **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Park Royal Piramides

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Park Royal Piramides here.

Located at Km12 it is a short hop by bus to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 25 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Travel Center

2. CinciCouple

CinciCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Park royal Pirimades

WE are looking for a good family place that is central and reasonable. When we travel w/o kids it is always Blue Bay Getaway but know that won't work for the kids, 14 and 11. We have read many positive posts about this hotel on Trip Advisor and have a very good price with flights through expedia that we are considering. We would love to hear from any of CancunCare regulars if they know anything about PArk Royal Pirimades before making decision. Also if anyone has other booking options please let us know.
    Cincicouple

3. susieq76

susieq76 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I hope she doesn't mind me doing this but- Elizabeth, who now lives in Cancun stayed there and has a TR on her website: http://mycancuninfo.0catch.com

Before Greg & I decided on BBG we were considering the Piramides and her site was most helpful.

4. ballufann

ballufann Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at this hotel last year during Spring break. Is the most cleanest hotel ever. The staff is very nice and helpful. The pools are great although around 5 everything gets quiet. Not very much entertainment during the day and absolutely none at nite. They usually have a bar crawl but we had teens with us so we couldn't do that, but look out this year (grandma (babysitter) coming with us) The food was ok, after the first few days it gets old. Here's a little tip: during breakfast ask for Bacon and toast otherwise you won't get any on the buffett. Didn't get to eat at the Formal Restaurant because my husband didn't have any dress pants. He will have this year. Needless to say we are trying a different hotel this year.

5. Brookers13

Brookers13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our stay at the Park Royal Piramides was absolutely wonderful! I had the best time of my life. The pool bar was great. The service everywhere was excellent. Everyone was always making sure we were having a good time. There was a wide variety of food to choose from at the buffett, and the Italian restaurant was very nice as well. The beach was absolutely gorgeous. There were people cleaning everytime we turned around. I could not have asked for a better hotel, and I would definitely stay here again! Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brooke

6. CinciCouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Thanks Brook!! I'm sure our vaca will be different from yours as we are traveling with our 2 kids (11 and 14) but can't wait to get there. Is there a dress code for the Italian restaurant?

Beth

P.S. go Bucks!!!!

7. Brookers13

Brookers13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is supposed to be no shorts or jeans I believe at the Italian restaurant but I did see a few people who looked a bit "underdressed." I wore a nice cocktail dress and felt like I fit in fine. I do believe it is adult only, but again I saw a few exceptions. You will love the place...let me know if you have any more questions!

-Brooke

8. mcrader@cinci.rr.com

mcrader@cinci.rr.com Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Park Royal Piramides

Another Cinci Ohio family headed to Park Royal. We are currently booked for 6/24 for 5 nights. Mom, Dad, and two sons 18 and 16. We have seen the info on the Italian restaurant and still have a question of the dress code. Do you have to wear a tie or jacket? Will they allow our 16 year old son? Also, what is the best way to make sure our suite faces the ocean? We actually have two rooms, a presidential suite and a regular room. can we get both to face the ocean? Where can you rent a motor boat for skiing (without a captain)? any other suggestion for watersports? We do not want to take the long bus rides down to Xel-Ha, etc.

Eager to hear any responses.

Thanks in advance!!

go Cats!

9. Brookers13

Brookers13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You don't need a tie or jacket for the Italian restaurant. They say it's adult only, but there were plenty of children there when we went, so I would imagine a 16 year old would have no problem getting in. As far as the rooms, I think only the presidential suites are oceanfront. We had an ambassador suite and it was not oceanfront. For the water, I'd reccommend AquaWorld Marina. We did the jungle tour through them our first time to Cancun. You can drive either a waverunner or speedboat out through the mangroves, and then you get to go snorkeling. It's a lot of fun!Any other questions just ask! Have a wonderful trip! I'm so jealous!

~Brooke

10. CinciCouple

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We just returned from a week at Park Royal. We also had the presidential suite and it is the only type of room guaranteed to have an ocean view. The adjoining room may or may not and it will most likely not have a balcony.The balcony on the suite is very large and also has a hot tub/jaccuzi, 2 lounge chairs and a table with 4 chairs. The suite was quite large. We gave our kids the bedroom with 2 beds and we took the bed in the front room. Everyone was very comfortable. One note, the beds are very hard in every resort we've staying in Cancun. Park Royal is no exception. Our suite had 2 bathrooms but I'm not sure that they all do. The resort was immaculate and the staff worked extremely hard to make sure you had everything you want or need.

Your kids will have no trouble getting into the italian rest.They just don't want unruly kids under the age of 12.

Let me know if you want more info, we are going to post a trip report in a day or two.

Beth

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice