Overbooked the resort

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Rockdogs-MI, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Rockdogs-MI

Rockdogs-MI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back from Temptations on sunday and I wanted to let people know about our experience. We arrived at 1pm on sat the 17th of march. They checked us in gave us our wrist bands and then said they were overbooked and the hotel was sold out. They said that we would have to transfer to a their sister resort. Sea adventures is a family resort about 20 min away. Needless to say we were very pissed off. And got even more pissed off when we witnessed people arriving after us getting rooms. We were not the only ones that got shipped to a different resort. Some were also sent to Sea Adventures. Others got sent to Desire. ( the resort we originally tried to go to but were told they were sold out)
    We went to the new resort and then latter returned to temptations about 7pm. At that point we witnessed a number of other couples arrive and get rooms. When I confronted them about this they suddenly couldn't understand english.
    Don't think will be going back or recommending it to anyone.

2. slore19

slore19 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was wondering if the rooms are assigned by booking date or arrival time? I want to go Labor Day weekend, but would really be pissed to get shipped to another resort. If that's the case, you would just book at another resort instead of leaving it up to them to decide your fate.

3. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It would be good to know who people are booking with (Alpharooms, Expedia, etc.) when they are getting the boot from the hotel?

4. Gibs

Gibs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing...

5. W8ing4thesunND

W8ing4thesunND Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    Arriving on a Sat. night, very worried....booked Alpharooms.

6. reddog68

reddog68 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    From most stories I have heard those that get moved because of overbooking seems to get there on a Saturday. That is why I try to get there on Tue or Wed not meaning it couldn't happen just hoping it lowers my chances or being moved. I hope you got upgraded. I am going for 3 weeks end of April beginning of May and if they bump me I will be asking for some kind of upgrade like Premeir status for the whole time there. I don't care for an upgraded room as I have heard them giving others. When I was there in Jan a couple got bumped their first night and they did give them the Premeir status for their week there. So if you do get bumped ask for something to compensate.

7. kristinanddoug

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I mean one would have to assume that they bump the people who paid the least amount for their room (aka Alpharooms).

8. Gibs

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    This is on the Alpharooms site:

9. kristinanddoug

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    This is on the Expedia site:

''Hotel availability is not guaranteed until full payment is received.''

Full payment has already been received by Expedia, thus the hotel availability is guaranteed. If you want to be assured you don't get bumped, I would choose wisely.

10. Gibs

Ratings:
    +27 / 0

I was just about to post this as well... I booked with Expedia. I am hoping that this means there is a guarantee... Expedia is huge.. and not the least expensive either. Would not be wise for a resort to break booking agreements (if they exist) with a large agency like Expedia.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice