Our visit 4/6-4/11

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by HenryandJoni, Apr 16, 2014.

1. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well we are now home from our visit , all settled in and unfortunatly back to work. I can honestly say that our stay was THE BEST vacation we have ever had. If you are visiting in the next couple of months ( estimate) keep in mind there is some renovations going on and give them the benefit of the doubt. I can say that we didnt even know it was happening and would not have unless we were told. The food was great, no problems getting drinks, the theme nights were awesome, and the daytime fun in the pool was the best. Very friendly group of people and friends are very easily made. Everyone seemed laid back and happy, just wanting to have a good time. If you dont go here your missing out. If there is a problem or you need something it was handled immediatly! Valentina......WOW, enough can't be said about this lady, she is amazing. I never seen her without a smile and she always took time to stop and talk. My wife and I cant wait to return in FEB.....this time for a loner stay.

2. otis

otis Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    That's what I like to see

3. Dub&Scarlett

Dub&Scarlett Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Uh oh, a totally positive GOV TR!?!? Let the attacks begin...

Seriously, thanks for your comments. I'll file it along with the "we hated everything about it and will never go back" reports. Admittedly, we've never been to either GOV or TTR - yet! - and am jealous that we can't nail down any firm plans for either due to work. So I'm just living vicariously until then (maybe June) so I'm not going to claim any bias. But I've found each TR insightful in some way, either pro or con. I just try to remember that everyone's opinion is based on a unique set of experiences and their unique perspective and expectations. It's bad that anyone has an experience that causes the to regret their choice. But it's equally encouraging that others enjoy the opportunity no matter what.

Thanks again for putting yourself out there.

4. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Are you sure about this? I mean, I've read a lot of trip reports from people who have never been there, and they give a decidedly different take.

5. Kim n Dave

Kim n Dave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    One thing that is encouraging for our upcoming stay is that the TR's do appear to be trending up in a more positive direction. Hopefully that will continue as the staff continues to evolve and take their feedback seriously. I'm more excited today then when I signed up and started reading past TR's.

6. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yvr1: I AM VERY SURE!! We had an awesome time and are already planning a return trip in Feb 15'. I did mention I have ever been to TTR and I am by no means knocking them, but I will testify for this resort as being a nice place. We didnt get our bath towels one afternoon. I called the front desk and I swear to you with in 15 seconds someone knocked on my door with towels. That was on of two time I called to report SMALL things and they were fixed within 30 min tops. Again, the vacation is what you make it and given that this resort is being renovated, I feel this was an awesome place. You give them a year to get "settled" and this place is only going to get better. Like I said we are going back in Feb for a LONGER stay and we cant wait. I too was leary with some of the reports but after visiting I surley didnt have the same bad experience.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the report! I'm confused when some say it's not nicer than TTR, we stopped by there for an hour or so in December to check the place out and we thought it was gorgeous!

Hopefully they will continue with the good customer service and improving the adult sexy vibe. I think you're the first person to post a TR saying the theme nights were successful! WHOO!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice