Our Take

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Chet, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Chet

Chet Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    We just got back Saturday from our first week since 2019. This was our second trip after the renovation and here is our take from this trip pros and cons

The BC on the 19th was amazing as always. We had a blast. It was pretty crazy which is our style. The crazier the better. Thanks Steve and Janet for the hard work you put in to doing these. Dont worry about the price increase. It's just worth it

Our room was probably the worst room there. Had a sweet ass view of the green fence at the end of the beach. No big deal but on a referral you would think they might try to impress you a tad bit.

The food at Flame and the buffet is terrible. We ate Habachi one night which was amazing. We ate breakfast at sea flirt after the 3rd day which is leaps and bounds better than the buffet. The Italian was very good and the steak at Sea Flirt is 10x better than at Flame. The roof top has pretty good food also.

We feel like they cheapened up the drinks. Especially beer. 2019 they had everything in a can including Coors light which isn't my favorite but was an upgrade. So overall some ticky tacky complaints but overall about the same quality as years past.

My only overall real complaint about Temptation, and this may be because of our age (43 and 48) is the nightlife. We absolutely are over Bash. It just sucks. It's the same show over and over and over. And then after the show people dance for an hour or so. And then the music just thumps for hours. It's so loud its hard to talk. I feel like my brain was being stuck with a huge Rambo knife as people were leaning in to try to scream over the music.

I wish they would either turn the shit down 10 or 12 decibels. Or the other suggestion I wish I could make happen is turn the sports bar into a lounge and promote it for people to use to meet and have some conversation. It is so big and nice (if they could kill the mildew smell) but there was literally 1 couple in there at 11 pm Thursday night. And it closes at midnight. So if you don't want to be brainfucked by insanely loud music after 12 you are pretty much screwed.

We found the hot tub from 5 til it closed was by far the best place to meet people and have a chance to maybe talk and get to know someone. The pool is great too but the hot tub is better by far.

We are thinking of splitting our trip next year to a few days at Temptation and a few at Desire. I think we are probably going to like Desire better

So overall we had a great time as always but we really feel like Temptation has very little to offer for nightlife unless you just absolutely love Bash. We just don't

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    Wow ......referring to Coors light as an “Upgrade” things must have really gone down the toilet :D:D:).
    I would never let that sheep dip pass my lips .

3. Its4bothofus

Its4bothofus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    Agree 100% about Bash being too loud, to make any sort of productive conversation with others. Sports Bar definitely would be nice if others went

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. cabanaboy1

cabanaboy1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Great review. You are spot on about Bash. Totally agree with your assessment. We are the same age group as you mentioned, so we can relate. After an hour, that music stinks and is way to loud.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. jacobstine

jacobstine Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    100% Recommend. We generally like to start at Temptation and then bring the mindset with us to Desire. It is a VERY different atmosphere, but not in a bad way. Certainly pros\cons to both (which is why we like to do both!).

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Ditto. It would be nice if the resort had two active night clubs, one more mellow lounge and one like Bash that guests could choose between, The sports bar is OK, but it doesn't have a great/sexy atmosphere and its always freezing cold. We didn't even go in there our last trip.
    We were going to spend our last few days at Desires in June this year (never been there) to see if it captures the vibe that we are looking for. But then we decided not to as we would rather check out Desires fully charged and ready for a vacation, not after 10 days/nights at TTR. We'll hopefully do a short trip there later in the year, we've just got to get past the outdated looking rooms at Desires (and Desires Pearl).

Overall ...We really enjoy Bash and the themes, but the music could be turned maybe a little, or have an alternate place to go for some change of pace. The glow pool party may mix it up...I hope.

7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    some nights bash is amazing .. others we grab our group and hit sports bar .but usually this is just because we get to hot
    . I never noticed a smell .. and when did they start closing at 12? we have been stupid crazy in there until 2 in the morning
    A lot of times if we just want to talk we just head inside to waiting area bar area .. it clears out and you can always find a chair to sit on

8. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    We feel the same. That’s why we do mostly Desire anymore. More options for nightlife. At Desire you can do the entertainment at the lobby bar, go to the disco, the playroom, stay at the lobby bar or go to the hot tub. People usually end up at the hot tub at some point in the night. The quality of drinks are waaayyy better at Desire as well. And we’ve never had issues with the crowd at desire either.

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    If it wasn't for wanting to wear my outfits, and by that I really mean wanting to see Elyse wearing her outfits(enjoyable incentive), I also would not make it to Bash most nights. It's pretty repetitive, and like said, loud.

I however don't have a problem with the stage in the middle. If they had a way to make the sound just louder around the stage area for dancing, I think that would help, and then the area around the bar more for mingling. I do dance up there, but I am afraid to get up there sometimes, as I see myself 100% falling off one day. I understand it might look stupid to have a railing, but maybe there would be something thin, or even clear plastic that would prevent going over the edge.

10. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    I keep saying they should of put stairs on both sides of the dance floor and some kind of damn rail
    it is a pain if you want to go dance up there and it takes half the song to go to the other side of the floor to get up
    I have fallen off .. sorta .. I was sitting on the side talking ..and I was just drunk enough to think I was graceful so I hopped down ..bad idea ..hit my head on something ..cue to security ..and some guy having hubs fill out paperwork saying it was my fault lol ..
    so ya safety measures to keep the drunks alive is a good thing lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice