Original german products now available in cancun!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by escondida, Dec 9, 2009.

1. escondida

escondida Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone,

just to let you know that we have reopened our production with more delicious products to choose from. Very tastefull and fresh. You can check them out on our webpage:

www.deli-aleman.com

And for the coming christmas season we have original german delicatessen as. Gingerbread( Lebkuchen), Stollen, Christmas cookies, Brezel, home made Marzipan and much more. Visist our webpage and have a look...

Deli - Aleman[/img][/url]

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you a brick and mortar store or strictly phone order? If you have a physical presence an address on your web page would be helpful. And while we're on your web page, if the English translations aren't ready, take down the British flag. And while I'm being critical, I would guess there are more US ex-pats down here than Brits (sorry Steve), so maybe it should be an American flag.

In any case, congratulations and good luck. We'll be ordering soon, store or phone.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I get character encoding errors when I look at the web site. For example instead of PanaderĂ­a I see Panader?a. Every single place on the site that there's a Spanish character I see a question mark.

Better get your web designer to study up on character encoding issues. They are a huge problem for Spanish language web sites. I recommend going with UTF-8 encoding, it's the most universally supported.

You might also ask your designer to check the site in multiple web browsers to be sure it looks as desired in all of them. This site will help you do some browser testing for free: http://browsershots.org/

Also the site was designed using Frames which are not search engine friendly. Search engines can't crawl from one frame to another, so they get stuck on the parent frame, which has no indexable content. When you use Frames there's no way for your site to be indexed properly with Google, for example. Most web designers stopped using Frames in 1995.

You'll want to get your web designer to brush up on search engine optimization issues as well, since none of that work has been done yet either. You will need to get rid of the Frames before the search engine optimization will have any benefit for you.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with your business!

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG! What a grand analysis!! All the poor guy wants to do is sell some bratwurst and we dump all over him. But in the end, we're really trying to help him. As opposed to my two cents I figure you gave him about 300 USD in advice. Maybe he'll pay you back, even if you are picky about what you eat :D.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Maybe I ought to start a website review forum.....in addition to a "launch your new business for free" forum :wink:

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    For those who dont know Brits speak the same language? Nay, invented it ? Didn't think we had many of those in Cancun, thought they were all in the States :wink:

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a Bronx-born American married to a true Eastender all I can do is echo the quote "Two nations separated by a common language". Color, colour, honor, honour, salad vs. lettuce, braces vs. suspenders, suspenders vs. garters and then the absolute untranslatables like bacon sanny, bacon butty. savaloy, chips vs. French fries, crisps vs. chips, flat, lorry, lift, boot vs. trunk, wing vs. fender and when my wife and her sister start using rhyming slang I am totally lost.

Example: "How are you me old china?" China = plate = plate rhymes with mate, so what's being said is How are you old friend?" I could go on...

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You've always been more than generous in donating air time to people trying a start-up and I've admired you for it. Then, some try to take advantage of you and you seem very patient in issuing cautions before you pull the plug. Sometimes too patient IMHO, but it says good things about you.

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hehehe, yeah those Eastenders don't speak proper like what I do either.

Must admit I have become very Americanised (hate that word) in my speech since living here. No longer petrol now it's gas, no longer mobile now it's cellphone, no more traffic lights now it's stop lights.

I think I even said trunk once and wasn't referring to an elephant, a tree or a large chest.

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks, means a lot that someone understands. I often upset people when I try to explain this via PM or email.

The ethos about not allowing commercial services in the locals forum for free is not about seeking advertising revenue it's more that almost everyone here (unlike tourist populated forums) has something to sell or promote and it could easily turn into some kind of ebay clone if people keep on posting their websites, blog posts, condos for rent and local businesses day in day out just for traffic. I'd rather keep it to signature links for people that contribute regularly to the forum for reasons that aren't self beneficial. I just want to keep this forum free of commercial stuff so that local people can enjoy it for what it is intended for.

It's also not a great deal for people who might want to pay to advertise local services. We only have maybe 20-30 regulars who could take advantage of local services offered. Because of that I couldnt charge the same as I charge people to advertise tourism related services that can reach thousands of potential customers in the other forums. If I were to charge a fair price based on what business I think people would gain via the locals forum then it would be so low that it wouldn't be worth me collecting it, and if I were to charge a regular price tourism related advertisers pay then I would be taking advantage.

That's why I tried out the business classified forum (since pulled) for a while at $10 a month.... but no one was interested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice