Orbitz discount code for GOV, today only, fully refundable

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Jen&Kyle, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I posted this in the gov 2014 prices thread but I thought it might get lost there.

Come join us at GOV in May!!!

The post...
    Ok. We just booked may 8th for 4 nights at grand oasis viva. Orbitz has a cyber monday deal for the first 500 customers today where it is 25% off hotel rooms only.

So we booked GOV. For May 8th - May 12th, 4 nights, at $163 total a night. The code is lucky500. If you don't make it as one of the first 500 then use 'cheers' which is 20% off. This is better than the alpharooms rate for the same dates of $185 a night and the Expedia/Travelocity regular hotel only rate of $210 and way better than the Temptation alpharooms rate of $215 a night or $225-$249 a night on other sites.

Best of all it is fully refundable until 3 days prior. So if GOV doesn't pan out in the reviews with the concept change we can switch to another hotel. Hopefully it doesn't get to that.

And then the icing on the cake...
    In addition we are going to book a vacation package via orbitz. Orbitz now allows you to get the package savings without booking the hotel for your entire stay. So we are going to book the flight from the 8th to 15th and 3 nights at Desire pearl (never been, might be over the top for us, but worth trying). And as most know Desire pearl isn't typically discounted and is $495 a night everywhere I look for those dates. But with the package we save 300 so it works out to be $395 a night.

I know I sound like a walking orbitz ad so sorry about that but I am just so happy about how this is playing out. Normally I am a walking alpharooms ad :)

So it comes down to this for us...
    $665 for 4 nights at gov
    $1184 for 3 nights at Desire pearl
    $1358 for 2 direct round trip flights from philadelphia. Philly air is expensive in the spring.
    Total $3206

Pretty good for a week including half of it at desire pearl!

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Sounds like a fun trip....

3. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    We did this in August with 3 days at Temptation and 3 days at Desire Pearl. Be sure to use USA Transfers. Tina set it up and every thing went right on time.
    Once you go Desire you won't want to go back to the others.:huepfen021:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice