one step forward two steps back

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by gordonward, Mar 25, 2014.

1. gordonward

gordonward Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Recently booked for a two week break at GOV and took to trip advisor for reviews which I have checked up on every couple of days .every good review seems to be followed up with numerous bad reviews which is a bit worrying when my holiday is only six weeks away. Anyone been recently who can shed some light on the matter.

2. steveandjudy

steveandjudy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    I try to look at reviews with a grain of salt. Look at the persons other reviews or places that you have been. I find that tripadvisor really has not been the best to gauge places I have gone. Especially all inclusives, and heres my (Steve) take on it. Hope not to offend anyone here with this. For some reason people feel like they don't need to tip at all inclusives. Not sure why. Then when the see someone who tips and getting better service than them they get upset and write a bad review. Is it because they are cheap with a dollar or two and bash the resort? I tend to think so.

3. mnjvegas

mnjvegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Id forcus more on the reviews you see here. Atleast here you seem to get an accurate review. I read a few on TA and there were some good and bad.

Ive heard some companies hire out people to write good reviews for them and bad ones to sandbag their competition. This site seems alot more reliable.

4. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    concerns 'bout reviews...

We tend to follow the reviews here & on TripAdvisor regularly as well (gives us more to think about/look forward to on our pending vacay), and what we've noticed, if there is any commonality, is that CCC member reviews vs TA reviews, well, the CCC reviews seem to have there "problems" solved when they arise at GOV.
    The new GOV may not be perfected yet, BUT, (yep that's a Big BUT... I like Big BUTT's), where problems in the past seemed to be unresolved, now, problems are more temporary inconveniences that GOV (Valentina, Adriana, Sara69, etc) seem to figure out & fix.
    That, and, I'll bet CCC members know how to "find" fun, even when their hotel room lights don't stay "on" without a room card... hell, ESPECIALLY when the room lights go out!

5. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    We were there recently and had a great time........but we found the fun crowd to hang with.......and it didn't ruin our holiday if there wasn't strawberry jam for our toast one day lol. Anyway, we posted a trip report (Mar 3-10) on here.......which you may have already read. Go with the attitude of meeting people and having fun and that's probably just what will happen. Have a good trip guys. Cheers.

6. hottie

hottie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Steve on this, it is amazing what a little gratitude will do, I believe if you are not pleased with something, talk to Valentina , and sounds like she will do everything in her power to make you and your trip a great one!
    May 16th can't come quick enough!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice