Oh Boy, What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by nachoaveragejoe, Mar 19, 2023.

1. nachoaveragejoe

nachoaveragejoe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    OK people, hear me out. I appreciate your input. I booked my trip to Temptations from 3/29-4/3. I am a newby and never stayed there. A friend of mine canceled on me so I'm traveling solo as a single/divorced man. I'm 43, balding, white as a sheet (although I'll probably get a spray tan before so I'll be the bright orange dude on day 1 and Casper day 5, in case you're there). If only they could spray my face and make me look like George Clooney. Anyways, my question is, as a single guy, should I book somewhere else? I'm worried after reading a lot that this is a place mostly for couples. Initially, I booked it looking for an adults only party resort. I'm definitely not a creeper. I'm friendly, sociable, respectful and just looking to relax, unwind, have some drinks and hopefully meet some fun people. My motive is not to gawk or be a douchebag trying to score (single guys get a bad rap--but for legit reasons as I know how guys are). I just want to have fun considering I haven't taken a vacation in years. What do you all recommend? Should I stay here and just roll with it? I'll be real, I can be self-conscious and if I'm feeling like a fish out of water It may affect my experience. So part of me feels like this could be the time of my life and the other part thinks it may be a disaster, resulting in me confined to my room over indulging in room service and mini bar amenities. On the other hand, I could always display my gluttony in open and let everyone laugh at the solo, single guy. All BS aside I'm excited and think it will be a great time. I'm open for any advice/input as I'm not sure what to do. Should I keep my reservation or cancel and book elsewhere? Thanks so much for hearing me out!

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Just from this segment alone, I think you should be fine. Single guys do tend to get a bad rap, but usually because there have been many obnoxious ones and they leave an impression. However, it is never wise to show prejudice, so I'd say, if you act the way you just described, other people should gravitate towards you (because almost everyone just wants to have a good time with cool people) I don't think you will be shunned or turned away specifically just because you are a single guy.

3. Sunsetkid105

Sunsetkid105 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    Ok man, relax. Be yourself. Don't push and dont expect. Temptation is about inclusion of everyone and every kink. There's a book we got our teenagers titled "Dont be a dick." That's the key to life, right? Temptation is not a dial by numbers, on demand sex resort. It's a understanding, respectful community with no labels and no expectations. Have fun! Be yourself. Be respectful. And be involved. Those are the best tips I can tell you.

4. Wab

Wab Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    My first trip there was as a single. I wanted to go somewhere fun with a good vibe and happy active people. I had no intention of "hooking up". I had a blast and no one ever treated me poorly or with disrespect. Go have fun. It will be the best holiday ever, single or not!

5. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Go, go, go, go!!

Yep, there are some people who don't want single guys there. It's simple, don't worry about them. As long as you're not an ass most people will welcome you with open arms! (...and some with more than that! ;))

Go, have fun!

6. Deleted member 38146

Deleted member 38146 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hell yes, go and have a blast! You'll meet some fun people to talk and party with and you will not regret it.

7. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Probably half my trips I've been there single. You should definitely go, you will have the best vacation ever. Take a look at this trip report from Nanners. It has a lot of good points.
    Single Guy First Timer Perspective From Nanners

8. JandCfATL

JandCfATL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    If you're a respectful person and do not have expectations of hooking up, you'll have a great time and meet a lot of good soon to be friends. We've met great respectful singles and talk every day at the resort while there. Just get some creeper glasses (very dark sunglasses but don't gawk), belly up to the bar, meet great relaxed people, and have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice