"Obama and Calderon to Meet in Cancun"

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Those are the headlines today in Novedades de Quintana Roo. It is planned for April 16 and 17 to discuss immigration, free trade, the environment and security issues such as gun control in the U.S..

In the other post, I did mean the 2 presidents of Mexico and the U.S.--just got ahead of myself. Sorry.

The great news is that today, a cadre of advance reporters from CBS and TV Canada News will arrive. (No invite to Bill O and Glen?? I sent my pithy comments--"name and town, name and town if you wish to opine"--to Mr. O a week ago inviting him on me to come to Cancun to see the real truth and not just repeat what others tell him. I have received no response.)

Tomorrow there will be a tour of the "colonias" of Cancun and streets of downtown. They will also get a tour of the beaches used by spring breakers and other visitors. Hopefully this will get the true picture of Cancun out to the "folks," Bill et al!!

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ya beat me to it, I logged in to say the same thing.
    I hope it won't disrupt things too much - but if him coming brings positive feedback to the States then bring it on I say.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am already planning a trip to Tulum for those dates! Any suggestions?

4. chubby

chubby Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amen to all of the ! I did the same thing to Mr. O. I didn't receive a reply either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice