Oasis Sens trip report 10/22-10/28

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by $parkie7, Nov 6, 2016.

1. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    Oasis Sens Trip Report

We visited Oasis Sens Oct 22-28. I am trying to give this trip report without comparing it to Temptation. We all know we are spoiled by the service at Temptation, and the caring staff.

We arrived before most of the HnH group. We wanted to get a perspective on the place for an option for the June Junkies in 2017. Check in was quick, but our room was not ready, so we went down to the pool. We were on the first pool level just below the lobby, and I asked another guest where the nearest restroom was, and she pointed me back up to the main lobby. Ugh…..So I went searching. It was not easy to find the first time, and had to ask someone in the lobby.

The POOL - We went down to the second pool which has the swim-up bar. The pool water was cool, and it was hard to get into quickly. I had to ease myself in each time. (Our last two days, it was too cold to get in beyond my knees. Some were in the water, but very few.) While at the pool, I had to use the restroom again. I did not want to run all the way back up two stories to get to the lobby, so I ran down the stairs to the beach. On, the way back up, I saw another restroom beach level and checked it out. (There are three stalls. The first had flushing problems, the second stall did not have a toilet seat, and the third stall appeared normal, but the toilet paper holder fell over and hit me every time I pulled out toilet paper. There was no hand soap the last three days of the trip, so I brought some from my room and left it in there.) The swim up bar is inconvenient. The water is shoulder deep in the middle, and you have to get out of the regular pool, go up stairs, then downstairs to get in the swim up bar area. The bar is not stocked with the best liquor. The main pool became shaded around 4:00, so we moved to the lagoon pool on the other side of the building closest to the road. This pool got sun until it set. The Shillabar is inside the restaurant, and we received conflicting rules about having to be clothed to go in and get drinks. I’m sure clothing is required which is a big inconvenience.

The ROOM - We were given our room cards and up we went to the 8th floor by elevator to find that our room cards did not work. We went back down to the lobby to get correct room cards. Evidently the hotel has multiple kinds of room locks and different room cards. Ours was switched out and thy reported our luggage was on its way up. We waited 30 minutes for our luggage that never came, so Curtis went down to get it himself. Ours was the only luggage sitting outside the front, and three workers standing around talking.
    The room is nice and spacious. The bed is comfortable. Some rooms have pillow menus. Storage is decent. There was no humidity in the room and the A/C worked great. If the window was left open for more than 10 minutes, the A/C vent started dripping. The view of the beach was amazing. The toilet in the room had poor pressure and required multiple flushes to get toilet paper to flush completely. There are elevators to the towers. There is a 9th floor that was added on later, and only one elevator on each side goes all the way to the 9th floor. Our room was always stocked and cleaned daily in a timely manner except for out last full day. They arrived at 7pm when I was undressed and about to get into the shower. I had to robe and let him in so our fridge would be stocked. We never tried room service.

The Bars - The premium liquors can be found at the VIP beach bar, VIP bar down the hall from the lobby, and the main lobby bar has it, but we were told it cost extra even if you were VIP. Each bar normally only had one bartender and they were not the quickest at service. They seemed to be working in slow motion. Several drinks that I ordered with Vodka came back to me tasting terrible. Not sure if it was cheep vodka or tequila, but it was horrible. I did not have any problem dumping it out and ordering again. The frozen drinks where chunky. The Kinky bar was the only bar open late. They hosted a show about 10:30 or 11:00. It is very small (about 1/3 size of nice shoes bar) and does not have a dance floor. It only has a stage with two stripper poles. After the show, the guests would usually leave, and this left the stage to all of us Temptation Exhiles!! The A/C worked well in the Kinky bar.

The FOOD – We did not have any major complaints about the food. Curtis found that he liked the Mexican pizza at the Italian. Breakfast was average and definitely 3 stars. I usually age egg whites and fruit. They do not have a stocked bar in the breakfast area, but they did not have any trouble finding the tequila or bailey’s when requested. We found that the service at breakfast was better before 8:30am. After 8:30, there was a line to wait to be seated, and we had poor waiter service. We were able to get reservations at the Black Hole, and The Box. Neither is something that I would choose to eat at home, but the experiences were great. It would have been easy to go eat another meal after leaving both restaurants. The Black Hole was so much fun, but I think it was because I was with Curtis, Mike, and Marc. Don’t mention that you like tequila, or it will magically appear in an oversized shot in front of you. The Hippie Chick was quick and easy for lunch and served burgers, chicken wings, beef skewers, and the onion rings were good. The Mexican restaurant was nice for lunch, but we never tried it for supper. The resort has a fantastic coffee shop that was my first stop every morning before breakfast.

Resort Problems – There seems to be a reoccurring problem with the water supply at the resort. I read multiple reports on TripAdvisor about the water problems, and I witnessed it first hand. One full day of the trip we did not have any cold water all day. The toilets would not flush anywhere. I had planned to run a tub full of hot water and let it cool off so I could bathe. Friends at the resort went to the room before I did and ran a bath of hot water, and the water was brown. By the time I got to my room, there was not hot water, only cold water. At least the toilet would flush now, but I had to take a cold shower. This was not very pleasant. The next night, the water (cold and hot) and electricity went off at 2:30 in the morning. We just went to bed, so I’m not sure how long it was off. The room doors have chains that you can lock from the inside for extra security; however, the base that you slide the chain into is on backwards and does not keep the door closed if it was opened from the outside. We tested it out several times and got a good laugh. Most of the resort is open air, but the A/C in the rooms works great. The stairs outside the elevators are very slick. There are many stairs to get to places, but I did not mind the stairs unless I was in my heals.

The VIBE – The vibe of the resort is not as sexy as I would like it to have been. I always dressed up for dinner in a nice mini dress (not too revealing) but sexy. I seemed to be looked at oddly by many of the other guests. If you know me, I really didn’t care. I just am making the point that most of the ladies were not dressed sexy (unless they were part of the HnH crew). There are pool entertainers and I made friends quickly. They did try hard to get people involved. They had a frat style beach party and played beer pong and danced on the beach. It was different but fun. Another day, there was a pool party, but not many people would get in the pool. The water was too cold. The show schedule was hard to follow on a daily basis, but I always managed to find the one at the Kinky bar around 10:30. The resort is on an early schedule. By this I mean that they shut everything down as early as they can. They shut the restaurants and bars early. The last bar to stay open is the Kinky Bar, and it was usually dead by 1am (before HnH arrived), but they still close everything down at 2am.

The resort is what it is advertised to be which is a 3 star. The resort structure is 3 star. There is maintenance going on in several areas. The service received was anywhere from 1-4 stars with 2-3 being the average. As I said before, they seemed to be working in slow motion. If I were looking for a place for a romantic getaway for me and Curtis, I would not choose this resort. They did make it clear to me when I was attempting to make dinner reservations for 4 that they do not cater to groups, and that they primarily cater to couples. This did make it difficult to have dinner with friends, but we always seemed to find a way, even if we had to wait a little longer than most.

We did have a good time, because we made it a good time with what we had to work with. I made new friends that I hope to cross paths with again in the future. I would like to thank Ajay for the hard work in organizing everything not knowing how things would work out.

We followed this trip with 5 nights at Desire RM, and were blown away with the service. It was worth every penny we spent. Original Resorts knows how to provide service!! At Desire RM, sexy is SEXY!!!

XOXOXOX
    Dawn

2. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    Thanks D. Don't know if you read my brief review on another thread but was similar. They are trying but not hard enough. Had a good time with you two at both resorts. Until next time... :)

3. $parkie7

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    I must add to this trip report that there is no camera policy at this resort. Any Joe Blow can take out his camera and take pics or videos at any time. We had a gentleman in the group that confronted several people and either crushed their phone or had them delete the captured pics or video. I don't mind pics within the group, but complete strangers gawking and taking pics is unnecessary.

XOXOXOX
    Dawn

4. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    And that is why we decided to go TTR in September for the Wrecking Ballz party instead of going with H'n'H to Sens. We seriously missed our friends but we feel we made the right decision. This TR only serves to confirm our choice.

5. NJB425

NJB425 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    I agree. I did see a few picture takers. I saw a couple people from the group say something and they disappeared but dont let this scare you away . I noticed 2 people say something to people taking pics/video in 8 days. There were other non cancuncare/TTR people that would politely ask for a picture and to be included in them. They were fun as well and hope the group swayed them to come to TTR at repopening.

6. FLHX_HOG

FLHX_HOG I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    "We followed this trip with 5 nights at Desire RM, and were blown away with the service. It was worth every penny we spent."

We have been to Desire several times and have been trying to convince a lot of our friends to join us when we go (we usually do a split TTR/Desire trip.) This last time we were there in October, we met a lot of TTR Refugees on their first trip to Desire. Their thoughts were the same, loved it and said they would be back... Until the renovations started, we were just about to stop going to TTR and only go to Desire, or even less time at TTR and more time at Desire during our split trips.

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Another very informative trip report. Glad you were able to have a good time with the HnH crew. Some of these resort problems are so odd, adn would be 100% show stoppers for me. Describing the bar as 1/3 the size of nice shoes is crazy, I guess you are basically partying in a closet hahaha :)

Thanks for the write-up!

8. $parkie7

Ratings:
    +908 / 0

Honestly, the size wasn't really even a problem because it was only the Temptation people staying after the show to party! Everyone else in the resort went to bed!

9. Darren&Tami

Darren&Tami Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the Review

We are going Nov 15 to 25 we will see if it is the same.....

10. $parkie7

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    [​IMG]

This was the bath water.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice