Oasis Sens and Oasis chain review.

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by HenryandJoni, Feb 9, 2017.

1. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well my wife an I arrived home late last night from our second Cancun vacation. I first want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Steve, Chino, Sara69 and the crew for a great boob cruise on Feb 6. We had the most amazing time and you guys really know how to have a good time. If you have not gone and are thinking about it DO IT!! You will not be disappointed. We will be doing it again on our next trip.
    Now, As for the Oasis Sens and their hotel chain I do not have as good a review. My wife and I booked with the former Oasis Viva in 2013 only to find upon our arrival we were informed they had "no rooms" for us. We specifically booked with the Viva for the adult only atmosphere. We were moved to another hotel and told we would receive a weeks free stay to be used in the next year, ( WHICH BY THE WAY WE WERE NOT ABLE TO USE DUE TO THEM CLOSING). We visited the viva the next day and thanks to some Cancuncare folks, and Valentina were able to get moved back and finished out our stay.
    This sets up this years return. My wife and I , again picked the Oasis Sens for the atmosphere and adult only environment. Due to what happened before, I contacted the hotel three days before we arrived and was told, " yes sir your room will be waiting for you when you get here". I booked this through hotels.com ( which I plan on reviewing too) and they too told me " your room is confirmed and all is good. Our day to depart comes and we arrive after 13 hours. We get out of our USA Transfer van and they took our bags and we were told they would hold them there. I knew what was about to happen and was starting to get agitated. Once inside the couple in front of us said " I hope they have not given your room away too". Sure enough we get " we don't have any rooms". I demanded a room and said I would not leave there until I got one. For the next two hours we were given the run around and the look like they didn't understand what we were saying. After 2 plus hours of arguing and worker after worker came to explain, we were moved to the Dream Sands and offered that same free week saying all we had to do was sign and email this to a said address and it would be all taken care of. It was very nice but not what we wanted. We stayed there, (like we had another choice) and made the best of it.
    I am not sure how a Hotel chain can over book and then expect people to just be ok with moving. This hotel is managed VERY POORLY!! I would hate for anyone to go through the same things we have TWICE and risk ruining a dream vacation. I will NEVER book another room at any of the Oasis Hotels and will do whatever it takes to ruin any good reputation they may have. Use this as your warning and book elsewhere. You may have a great experience but the way they do business is piss poor and after spending the money to get a room there it is in fact no guarantee you will in fact get it.
    Our stay was made better by the staff at the Dream Sands, Steve and the crew of the Boob cruise. This is the ONLY reason I would even consider coming back is because of the hospitality of these people. Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks for reading. If there is anything you have questions about feel free to comment or send us a pm and we will be glad to answer them.

Henry and Joni Barrow

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. MRMRSDIESEL

MRMRSDIESEL Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    that sucks to hear. im starting to learn this is happening to people using the travel sites (orbitz, expedia, bookit etc) vs the people using private agents or booking through the hotel itself. It happened to us the very 1st time we went to TTR for the 1st night...

3. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Sorry to see this happen, defiantly puts the brakes on a trip. We have used Orbitz and Expedia for both of our TTR trips, got a confirmation # which I emailed to TTR to confirm it and all was ok. I'm glad Steve, Chinos, Sara69 and the Boobs Cruise crew hasn't lost how to party, they haven't had as much practice since TTR shut down for the make over.

T

4. mehtaa24

mehtaa24 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 1
    Yikes, this makes me nervous since we don't get into Cancun until 7:30pm, probably won't get to the hotel until 8-8:30pm...

5. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks everyone. I was FURIOUS when we got there especially since this was the SECOND time its happened. I contacted HOTELS.COM and all they sad was " we have placed a complaint in with the hotel" . Well big deal!!! I tried to leave a review on the Sens website but you have to email it in, which means it will never make the sight. There is no where else I can find to leave a review.
    Mehtaa, I would call the hotel and get a name of who you speak with and get some sort of confirmation. Also make sure you get a "note" put on your reservation saying you will arrive late. I wish you the best. As for us we will NEVER book with any of the Oasis resorts again. Nothing like being 13 hours from home and not having a room. They were very rude and not willing to talk at all. Very bad way to do business especially since there are a fair amount of people going there since TTR is being renovated. Please let us know how you make out and have fun!!

6. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The Boobs Cruise Crew surely knows how to party and made our stay!! It was so much fun!!

7. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Henry & Joni, I'm so sorry you guy's had the experience you did with Oasis Sens. I know it had to have sucked being on a 13 hour flight with layovers. The last thing you want to have to deal with is not having a room ready to stretch your legs in and get into some comfortable clothes.
    Hopefully you never have to experience anything like this again. We stayed there recently and had a good experience. While we were there, my husband tends to make friends everywhere we stay, so he became "friends with someone in mgmt." they speak regularly now. They have mutual friends, funny how that works out. 6 degrees of separation. I'll speak to Tyler about this and see if he can get someone to TRY to make this better for you. There is NO excuse for a hotel to have provided such bad service. Their counter personnel don't seemed to be trained to handle situations like this. It's as if since TTR has closed they are getting a higher concentration of guests going to Oasis Sens and Tyler doesn't think they're setup to handle it. He did a little research when we got back and it appeared that they were typically at about 70% occupied at any given time.
    Were headed back in June, so hopefully he'll be able to speak to his "friend" and get you some type of restitution.
    I'll be in touch through a PM. xoxo Angie

P.S. CAN"T WAIT for TTR to reopen to not have to deal with BS!!! Original Resorts has there shit together!

8. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    We had the same horrible experience. After a 2hr flight delay, we arrived at Sens at 4,30pm yesterday, Feb 11. Went through the same terrible experience of sorry no rooms available and there were 20 more reservations that were in the same situation. We showed them the email tbat we comforted 3 wks ago that we guaranteed to have a room, but still no go. They sent us to their sister property a mile away grand oasis cancun, got upgraded to black bands vip Jr Suite. Pretty nice family resort, but no topless boobies....

9. regalsteph

regalsteph Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Who did you make your reservation through? And what type of room did you book at sens?

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    This overbooking situation used to happen a lot at Oasis Viva too. Seems to be a common occurrence among the Oasis chain.

It's as if they are thinking "Grab as many bookings as we can, we can always distribute people among our other hotels if any particular hotel is full come the time."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice