Oasis Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by silver3901, Dec 27, 2007.

1. silver3901

silver3901 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how is this hotel i keep hearing really good things but then i hear really bad things as well. im sure theres people on here that have been there so how is it?

is it true u can only eat at certain restruants? so its really not all-inclusive or what?

2. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know most of the All Inclusive resorts have like continental breakfasts, and buffets set up throughout the day. That is the all you can eat. To eat at the specialty restraunts they give you some coupons to use at the specialty restraunts but once you run out of those coupons you will have to pay for your meals at these places. And the All Inclusive drinks don't always, infact rarely, include the top shelf liquors unless you pay extra for it.

I've not stayed at the Oasis so not sure exactly how it works there but this is what I know of AI resorts from personal experience.

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ive stayed at the oasis, and will be again this year, but truthfully, never eaten breakfast there....the lunch buffet is cheap/disgusting food, but when you're drunk who really cares

4. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, thats good to know you CAN go to the betetr restaurants, if you pay with your own money. I may do that once. I read somewhere that all inclusive at the regular Oasis, means you cant even go in those restaurants.

5. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, it is true that you do not have access to all the restaurants unless you book the grand oasis. I believe the only sit down restaurant you get access to is Sarape which is tex-mex type place. The lines are usually long and you'll probably have to wait a while especially for dinner. So if you do decide to go here go early to be the first ones in unless you wanna wait. There are two buffets, an outdoor sushi bar (lunch only), a sports bar and a couple bars that serve snacks. You get access to all of these.

Personally i won't ever be staying there again. There are much better values for the money in cancun. The only reason i would recommend the place is for the party atmosphere which is what you're basically paying for.

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Oasis is the typical party place for Spring Break. You will hear horror stories and normal stories..

I personally have heard it's not the best of accomadations, but then some epople get lucky and get rooms with everything working and such..

If you are willing to go to the party place and have low expectations of food and accomadations, then from what I hear you shall be ok..

7. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i like to get up at 8 every morning for breakfast. should i wake u up too fletch? haha

calm down - im joking

8. babyskys01

babyskys01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure you'll still be up at 8am anyways while you're in cancun...who really sleeps? i think i got 3 hours the whole trip and that was probably when i was laying on the beach with a drink in my hand...lol

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pffft breakie at 8am....Gosh no! :lol:

10. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive never seen a Cancun breakfast time :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice