November Reservation

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by CANCUNNEWB, May 3, 2011.

1. CANCUNNEWB

CANCUNNEWB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :aetsch004::aetsch004:So we finally booked for mid november 2011. We can't wait to get away. Any suggestions for attire and clothing in November. checked previous weather from last year. High's in mid 80's and lows just around 70.

Attire: day and evening?

wil their be a cancuncare booze cruise in mid november?

any must do excursions?

how to get out of being "bumped" and will we need to worry about that in november?

besides going to Great Parnassus, can you visit other adult only resorts for the day and purchase a day/evening pass?

anybody know if you can bring your own alcohol from home through customs? I'm thinking not lol

does verizon work/have a signal down there?

can you rent jet ski's near by?

is there a small grocery store/liquor store across the street from resort?

How much is a taxi ride to hotel strip and clubs? not walking distance correct?

do rooms have ipod hook up?

how late does the hotel bar's stay open on the resort?

how big are the balconies off of the room?

any other suggestions, must do's, stay away from's???

Thank you
    :aetsch004::aetsch004:

2. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Sheesh I wrote you a whole novel! lol

Here we go!:

Attire:
    Day: Thong bikini bottom,... top not needed for females. Males - Swim trunks, speedos, or speedo shorts.
    When you are hungry during the day you can go to Breeze by the pool as you are..... or wear a cover up and shorts(dry clothes only) and flip flops at Paradise(amazing buffet, ask for Gamaliel, Tell him his jersey girl sent you to him... he might smile lol)

Night: khaki shorts and a collared polo (full button or semi button)and possibly a lightweight jacket for the tiki bar(it gets chilly at times with the breeze) I wore my isla mujeres one. It's like a paper thin linen jacket.
    For dinner: slacks, close toed shoes and a collared shirt are required for dinner for men. And basically anything dressy for women. No sneakers. No flip flops(for Shangri La). all of the other places you are good no matter what you wear..... as long as you are dry! Most of us frequent flyers at gp dress up nightly. I mean we ARE on vacation. :D

They MAY have a Boobs Cruise in November. It is based upon demand. When you meet others on here that are visiting the same time as you, bring up the cruise! Generate interest as you go! :)

Must do excursions: Go on your own to isla mujeres(much cheaper). Leave as early as possible from the hotel, and take any bus that says Pto Juarez (Puerto Juarez) on the front. I always ask the bus driver just in case anyway. The bus is 8.5 pesos. As soon as the bus turns right(a few minutes after it passes Temptations on the right or about 10-15 minutes after the club zone) just push the button to get the driver to stop or say "alto" or "para"- said like pah-da). The first stop after the bus turns right, get off where the little stores are, and ask for a Taxi to Puerto Juarez. Pay NO MORE than 30 pesos for a taxi to Pto Juarez. This will take you to the ferry dock. You purchase tickets inside of the gift shop. It is 4 bucks each way, sold in round trip form only. The ferry goes every thirty minutes and there is a mcdonalds right across from the gift shop. The ferry takes about 15 minutes to get to Isla. Upon arrival, walk up the dock to the main street. You will see a golf cart rental place in front of you. Rent a golf cart for about $50-65 dollars for a whole day(usually until 4:30 or 5pm, sometimes a little later depending on where you rent from). If you drive to the right(when you get off the boat) you can head towards Garrafon park and the lighthouse(beautiful views). You can actually go INSIDE the lighthouse to the top and see all the way back to Cancun in the distance. Upon exiting the arrival dock, To the left is a short drive but there is PLaya Norte, a beautiful calm beach. The opposite side of the island has a beautiful rock beach, great for pictures.

My second favorite thing to do is Jet Skis. I have only ever rented them a couple times on the lagoon in Cancun..... never had the balls to do it in the ocean(jet ski :D). I was going to this year but the waves were so crazy rough.

The absolute MUST MUST MUST do excursion of course is CancunCare's famous Booze/Boobs Cruise.

Day passes:
    Great Parn is nice and has a lot of great places to eat, including the fancy Maison de Michele(DRESS UP! :D and order a "Mayan Coffee" even if you don't drink coffee! You'll be amazed!) but don't forget, it has children! bummer :(
    Temptations: is 65 dollars from morning til 6pm. or $110-$130 for a night pass(i think thats like 3p-11pm? I can't remember)

No need to bring your own alcohol. They have WONDERFUL(sarcasm) selling tactics by making you walk through the duty free shop to get anywhere! They have TONS of alcohol in there! :)

there isn't a worry in the world about being bumped in november :D

Verizon DOES work down there, but my travel mate was faced with about a 1000 dollar bill upon return last year. I recommend just leaving your phones off. Don't bother with calling cards either. You spend ten bucks on them and it still charges your room anyway. Even local calls you have to pay for! If you have children or someone at home you need to check on, or even business to handle, I recommend downloading Skype at Skype.com for free. You can pay for wifi in your hotel room. 70 bucks a week i believe it is. and use that. They have a computer set up downstairs( a block of 4 computers), 10 bucks for 30 minutes, no change, but i doubt they have skype.

JET SKIS: If the waves aren't too crazy, you will set the parasailing and jet ski people set up directly in front of the hotel. I could be incorrect but I believe it's 55 a half hour or 85 an hour. For the lagoon. If you go to the front desk, sometimes they will take you to Aquaworld for free. but if not, you can walk down to Kukulkan blvd and cross over(carefully) to the other side. Take a bus and tell the driver to stop at Aquaworld "Para a Aquaworld por favor". It's a very short ride..... only a stop or two. Maybe even a 15-20 minute walk or so. Depends on how fast you walk. Aquaworld rents the jet skis on the lagoon. to get set up with tours, check out my sexy girl Rae or sexy papi Adonis in the Tiki Hut alongside the pool. They will hook you up with a great deal.

There IS a store right across the street from the hotel. but of the 6 years ive went there, ive never needed to go there. The hotel has a gift shop, a necessities shop(bikinis, trunks, aloe, sunblock, flip flops, glasses, hats, shirts, shot glasses, snacks, CHOCOLATE <3, and also a selection of adult products, including a vibrating condom and lube :D)jewelry shop and a boutique shop.

TAXIS: First and foremost, I just want to say that I advise AGAINST ANY text use inside of the hotel zone. In MY opinion, they are overpriced, unsafe, rigged, and will change the price on you last minute and FORCE you to pay. Any taxi ride in the hotel zone is RIDICULOUSLY Overpriced anyway. I believe I heard someone say it was 30 bucks from the club to GP? Can't remember. Taxi's downtown are GREAT! I trust those guys wayyy more than the HZ guys. I had to walk home from the clubs one time. I can't remember exactly but i think it took me like 2 or 3 hours. I was drunk though.... so its not like i was exactly power walking lol.

IPODS: The rooms do NOT have iPod hookups but the tiki bar poolside DOES! :D

The tiki bar usually stays open til about 2-2:30am. Usually everything shuts down around 2 though. I know Fermin usually has the Sixties bar rapped up by about 1:30am-2am or so.

The balconies are about 9' X 5' (if i could guess).... keep in mind that I'm a dumb blonde bimbo. lol. My perception is a bit off anyway. They keep 2 chairs and a little table out there and there is tons of room for whatever else.

Suggestions:
    -Go to isla mujeres but only through puerto Juarez(its cheaper and faster)
    -Keep in mind the same mentality you would in Manhattan. Think city smart.
    -Go to La Isla shopping mall and pay the 6-8 bucks a person for the little boat ride. i think its best around mid evening, early night. (between 6 and 9pm), bring a light jacket as at times it can be chilly.
    -Avoid taxi's in the HZ as much as possible.
    -Take the bus everywhere! They might drive crazy but they get you to places safely(usually) and VERY cheap! :D
    - the better you tip, the better your service.
    -Visit Rae and Adonis at the aquaworld tiki hut poolside
    - Play tequila volleyball topless! :D
    - Ask for gamaliel at Paradise buffet(usually off on Tuesdays) if he is off ask for Pasquale or Samuel
    -Ask for Armando at Old Barn
    - go to the clubs one night with the hotel staff(esp coco bongo.... great show and you get the best seats with the hotel in VIP)
    - Leave your pride, modesty, and clothes at home. Just bring a bathing suit bottom.... and you are good to go!
    -APPLY sunscreen often!! (i recommend coppertone sport spf 30) The sun is wayyyy different in cancun and you will FRY otherwise, regardless of tan or nationality. However, if you are already tan(fake or natural), I believe that I get a better glow when I pre-tan first! :D

Hope this helps! Anything else just ask! If I think of something else I'll post it! If you haven't already, fan the Golden Parnassus 2011 page on facebook. It's pretty much the same people as on here, but you can see our pictures and meet others :)

3. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i tried to "Search" for March 2012 and no rates for GP yet lol

isnt Nov the end of hurrican season already? if so, dress like summer during the day and dress like fall at night!

4. CANCUNNEWB

CANCUNNEWB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you so much.....wow i think yuo answered everything lol

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    haha yes that was my attempt! :D :lotsofmichaelfs:

6. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little Rain

Hey Hammie - I went to GP in May and am heading back in late Oct early Nov. Do you or any regulars know if they do anything for Halloween since we will be there then?

Love your post answering all the questions - thanks.

7. MBD1215

MBD1215 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they usually have a halloween party at the inside bar, some quest do drees up...it's also the day of the dead holiday in mexico around the same time,similar theaming to halloween but different reason for celebration, we go every year last week of october, this year we leave on the 30th

8. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little Rain

We arrive on the 28th til the 7th. Can't wait!!

9. ybob

ybob Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Arriving in November 2011 also

Hope we get a good turn out........want the tiki bar to be a mess at night, lol!

10. barb_bob

barb_bob Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Barb and I will be at Golden P. 9/26-9/30. Barb's birthday. Lets all line up for birthday spankings!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice