Noob Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Macgyverism, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Macgyverism

Macgyverism Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    I have some random questions.

1. How’s the wifi at the resort? Just in case of emergency.

2. I keep hearing about bringing your own cups. Is that just for the pool? Or do you carry them around to bash at night as well? Are the resort cups that small?

3. I have heard some restaurants require more formal clothing. Can men get away with a nice pair of black sneakers, or do you have to bring dress shoes? We are trying to pack light and will be changing right after dinner for theme nights.

Thanks for any advice and any other first timers feel free to add your own questions on this thread.

2. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    black sneakers work hubs hates dress shoes so he uses those
    we pack him 2 or 3 light pair of slacks incase of spills two black one lighter color ..we run back to the room right after dinner take them off and fold them up nicely so they can be used again .
    Most people bring a cup cause it has a lid ..pool water in your drink is nasty .. bubba mugs are nice cause they are big to hold more and insulated to keep it cold longer .. there can be a wait if the bar is busy . A lot of people like to decorate the bubba mug as well .
    At night most people just use the bar glasses but you can bring a cup if you want
    they do not supply straws so if you need one you have to bring a reusable . I forgot mine last year and you can not drink fireball slushies out of a bubba mug with out a straw lol thankfully I had a prepared friend who packed extra and gave me one .
    never had an issue with the wifi at all so seems to work well

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    We use e-mail for emergency contact. We only check it once a day and the wifi works fine for that
    Mugs with a lid definitely for the pool. At bash if you are worried about somebody spiking your drink or if you just want a larger drink to stay cold longer for less trips to the bar .
    closed toed shoes will get you into any of the restaurants. Black sneakers will work.

4. jandt2010

jandt2010 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    For females, do wedge sandals (not flipflops) work? Or does it have to be closed toe?

5. bevy

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    I have worn sandals with my dress had no issues

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2

Any shoes are ok for women (including flip flops). The sexy strappy heels are my favorite choice .

7. Macgyverism

Macgyverism Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    Anyone have a pic of the daily activities board or just a general list of what the daily schedule looks like?

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    Email works great on the balcony, or outside around the pool, not so much in the room.

Definitely bring a cup for during the day, and if you’re just packing small bottoms for swim suit, then they can also travel in there, and save room. That’s what we do since we pack light and carry on only. We always use resort cups for Bash.

9. Gdllraul

Gdllraul Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Most of the Verizon and ATT plan cover call and data in Mexico check your plan. The Wifi is okay in the hotel area but not good in the pool or beach areas be aware of this. I have Verizon and the signal is great in all Mexico. Bring you own cups for the pool but not very big because they will fill with the same amount of liquor and a lot of mix. At this moment SHE is the only that require full formal the others ones a dress shorts and shirt is fine.

10. bevy

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    you and I have not had the same bartender .. I think those guys think it's funny to get me drunk lol
    you can smell the booze coming off my drinks and I use a bubba mug

and honestly its ok if they drink isn't that strong you will last longer .. I get one standard drink in my cup and make that last a while ..cause my group is shot addicted lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice