No alcohol?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by whiskychamp No. 1, Mar 2, 2007.

1. whiskychamp No. 1

whiskychamp No. 1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone

Just joined the forum. I will be visiting Cancun in early july. I've heard that there is some kind of election or something around about this time, at which point no alcohol is allowed to be consumed. Is this true?

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From what I know, alcohol is not sold on election days, but resorts still serve.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The resorts can still serve alcohol but no bars or restaurants can. And you can't buy it in a convienece store either. Other than the resorts, Cancun is dry.

And it's actually not just not election day....it's the day before as well. It starts at midnight the day before Election Day so it's really 3 nights of your vacation that are affected. If you plan on going out of the resort you'll be drinking water, juice or soda.

I've been there during that time before and it's kind of strange to walk into an OXXO and see where ALL the alcohol and beer have been removed from the shelf.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They rope off the liquor sections of the supermarkets. But people know it's coming and just stock up in advance.

5. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They should think about doing that here in the States during the Presidental election.

seems like everyone might have been wasted when they re-elected the current knucklehead to office last election!!!!!!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL good one!

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto!!!!

Michelle

8. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We only have ourselves to blame for putting such a knucklehead running mate against him!!!

9. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here in Indiana there are no alcohol sales and bars/clubs must remain closed until the polls close. But I can tell you that at 6:01 it's a free-for-all.

10. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If Hillary Clinton is elected President in '08 then I will start to drink heavily After the election !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice