Nick and Kitty's AWOL 2013 Temptation Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by nickandkitty, Aug 3, 2013.

1. nickandkitty

nickandkitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This was our second trip to Temptation Cancun. Our first one was last December and it was more of a “check it out” kind of operation to go see what the resort was like so we could tell friends about it and get a group of party people to come down with us. We liked the resort, so back we came!

Rather than do an everyday by day report I will hit some highlights.

July 16th-17th red eye flight southbound:
    We live in San Diego and flew Volaris out of Tijuana. Volaris does fly out of San Diego, but for the parking fees on the US side of the border and a $12 taxi from the border to the Tijuana airport we saved about $500 on air between the two of us versus what we saw when we shopped American based carriers. The cost for our air for 2, Tijuana to Cancun R/T was $625. We flew Volaris in December as well but caught an even better sale that brought it to $350 for the 2 of us- hard to pass up.

The flight was fine even with a two hour layover in Guadalajara and landed in Cancun just about noon time. Both of us slept ok on the flight, and got there not exactly refreshed, but excited to be there.

Out front to meet Olympus Travel for our shuttle. Waited about 10 minutes before we were put into a van and off we went.

Arrived to the resort to find Bob and Steph waiting on us in the lobby. Easy check in, a quick dodge of the timeshare people and into our room.

Room 1119. It is located just off the grass area between the sports bar and Margarita’s. It was fairly quiet for us, but our schedule tended to put us to bed around 2 AM and up at 11 or 12- we could still hear the bass beat from the Sexy pool when that cranked up in the morning, but we never really heard the late night sports pool crowd. About half way through the week we stopped getting hot water for whatever reason- never called about it, so that’s on us, we were content with luke warm showers on slightly toasted shoulders. The room attendant was fine, the minibar well stocked and extra water every day was good for us.

The Food:

Buffet: We LOVE the buffet. Being able to eat in air-conditioned comfort every day was lovely after our experiences at other resorts. I rarely gain weight on vacation because we tend to travel to warm places and my appetite goes right into the crapper when it is warm. This trip I may have added an l-b or two. The food was great- ceviche every day for Ms Kitty was a HIT! The buffet part was good and the fresh grill stuff was excellent. Service was just ok- I am not sure why they don’t have a carafe for water on every table- we sure could have used it. Otherwise, we had no complaints.

Asian Restaurant: Good, but fairly generic. I understand that ethnic foods can be a mine field when producing mass quantities, so no worries. The appetizers were great and we enjoyed an evening there at a table for 9 one night. The view out the window is awesome and the company was lovely.

Italian Restaurant: We would like to see a bigger table or two in here. Our reservation was unfortunately split into 3 tables. The company we got to keep was nice, but it would have been more fun at a big table for all of us. The food was good- I had the pork, Kitty had a pasta as I recall. The desserts were fantastic.

Margarita’s: we got food to go more than anything from here. Made for a great afternoon snack at the pool. The little pizzas were great and the fried chicken quite tasty.

The Bars:

Sexy pool: We had Jacinto every day and just as we took care of him, he took care of us. Always quick drinks, well made, and with a smile. I personally LOVE that they have Captain Morgan behind the bar- I alternated one day of XX then one day captain and diet. Never a balk about a round of 20 shots or whatever ridiculous number that we asked for.

Paty’O Bar: Angel and Gabriel took care of us every night- great guys. It can get packed around that bar and they worked their butts off each evening. The crowd around the Paty’O varied each night- it was actually pretty nice when we decided to skip whatever the activity in Nice Shoes was- the DJ was pretty good every night, but one night he played a bunch of 80’ and 90’s music and it was a blast! One night there was a band on the Paty’O and they were fantastic- lots of classic rock stuff and Kramer even got up and sang Brown Eyed Girl- well done! The foam party is not to be missed.

Quiet Pool- Spent very little time there, but when we were there the drinks were ok. Nothing stands out except that for the quiet pool it wasn’t terribly quiet most afternoons!

Sports Bar/Disco Bar: I can’t recall the name of the lady who worked this bar, but she was working them both simultaneously and ALONE- she handled it but they definitely need to do a better job of up staffing when it gets busy. She had her bar back step up and pour a little but that just meant no one was on cup patrol and ran out of regular glasses frequently. They also need to do a little better job of AC in there- with more than 10 people it starts to warm up.

The Pools:

Sexy Pool: Beautiful, big, and clean. The water warmed up pretty well in the afternoons and we found that the beach was a little more comfortable. Not sure how they would keep the water cooler in the middle/late July time, at least you could still see your feet in the late afternoons. Problems I have had in the past (yes, I have sensitive skin- not very manly I know, but hey waddaya gonna’ do?) with the water cleanliness giving me terrible skin rashes were not an issue this year- for the first time ever on a tropical vacation.

Watersports: Nice enough, but most of our time spent there was late night. The panty patrol was in full effect each night. It’s still a great place for late night laughs and conversation. They did do a pool party one night with a bar and dancefloor next to the pool- lots of fun.

Quiet Pool: a nice break from the other pools, and the Jacuzzi tubs were great for conversation and hanging out without the craziness going on at the sexy pool.

The Beach and Watersports Crew:
    The beach was beautiful. Soft white sand, blue water in various shades…. Can’t be beat. The watersports were fun and Kitty found a new hobby when she tried stand-up paddle boarding- instant love for it. Definitely a must try.

Entertainment Crew:

Nathan, Paloma, Amy, and Sara69 were awesome. We saw a couple others but I do not recall names (sorry!). We had lots of poolside participation from our little group and Mark even won Mr Temptation! Lots of volleyball was played, lots of tequila jenga (pass, thank you!), beer pong, and all the silliness they bring without being annoying. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool activities. I will never forget Ron’s role in the Ms Temptation contest…. Best seat in the house!!!!!

Nightlife- the only excursion we really did was to Coco Bongo- WE CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE HIGHLY ENOUGH- more fun and longer than a Vegas show- it was AWESOME- go see it, but make sure you get reserve tickets so you’re not stuck down in the pit!

People:
    First, I will start with all the CCC people and random people we met at the resort. It was great to meet you all. Lady and Tramp, CandD, Texas 2 Steppers, YOLO, OntheDL, HereComesTrouble,, The Donehoo’s, marklynn, and a bunch of others I am sure I am forgetting. A great group of people to party with! CHOW- you were the bravest person I ever saw on vacation- well done my friend, I hope we can keep in touch.

AWOL WORLD :
    You guys decided to give somewhere new a try and we love you for it. People noticed the group- saw we were kind of a tight group but always went out of our way to include those around us who wanted to party- that’s what it’s about. Thanks for the games of flip cup and beer pong, the hazy memories of sunny afternoons and late nights in the pool, the laughter, the friendship, and the love.

Bob and Steph- It is fun seeing new parts of the world with you guys- who knows where we will see next? Thanks for your friendship- it is as true as anything we have ever known.
    Terie and Poopie: We know of no more loving couple on the planet. You are kind, friendly, and genuine. We are proud to call you our friends and will forever.
    F and Maria: You are more like family than anyone I know. We love you.
    Aura and Francois: Such a kind couple- I cannot get Aura’s laugh out of my head, nor forget the strength that Francois has shown since returning home. Here’s to a speedy recovery to you!
    Lex and Chris- Thank you- we hope that somehow life brings us all around together again. Know you are thought of and we wish you both the best come what may.
    Ivy and Jeremy- it was really fun hanging out with you guys this trip. Your enthusiasm and devil may care attitude is infectious.
    Ron- we were thrilled to have you with us- enjoy your retirement and we hope to see you again.
    Sam- the leaner- it was nice to see you in the pool with all of us for once! See you soon we hope.
    Dave and Laura- right into the breech- I know we are all a little forward, a little shocking, and a little… well hell, a lotta fun…. Hope to see you again!
    Jason and Jen- such a nice surprise to get to know you both so much more this time around. We look forward to other trips and who knows… maybe neighbors?
    Mark and S- a couple of our favorite people. You’re only one state away we should really see you more… thanks for hanging- sorry about the arm!
    Ben- it was awesome seeing you, even if only for a short time. Take care my friend.
    Kramer and Stacey- always the life of the party- it was still a great surprise, even if I kinda figured you were going to show up!
    Brent and Kathy- great job on the door tags- they were awesome. It was nice hanging out with you guys- keep muddin’!
    Shannon and Mike- Congratulations, and thanks for coming for the party- Shannon, you look great, keep it up!
    Gretchen and Sparky- you guys brought it- it was great to see you!

Who knows where next- it's up to you guys....
    Until next time?

TO WHORES!!!!!!!
    Nick (and the recovering Kitty)tm

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Nick and Kitty.......an exceptional trip report written by an exceptional couple! Well done!
    We wish you all the best!

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make sure you post a Trip Report on "that other adult resort" forum. Glad to see you had a great time. TTR is more fun, classier, cheaper and closer than Hedo II. It also has much more attractive gals!!! Wish we had found it a few years ago.

4. nickandkitty

nickandkitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Breezesfan.. thanks for the suggestion- done.
    Nick (and the lush Kitty)tm

5. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Good report, there are a lot of parts in it that are exactly as I would have written them. Nice meeting you guys and your group, we spent a lot of time on the volleyball court with Alexis & Chris.

6. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was kinda wondering where the adjectives had gone !!!! LOL

7. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had almost forgotten about Hedos "open air" main restaurant. (even the Japanese place is open air). No wonder TTRs main buffet felt so good !!!

8. jimbo64

jimbo64 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    What great report, great way to break it all down.

9. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Sport Bar gal is Lourdes aka (LouLou) "She is Great" at handling it all she is one amazing Gal!!!!!

:beer4:

10. cdcalpoly

cdcalpoly Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Great report and awesome meeting you two. We are talking about when to go back next year, either June or July.

C&D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice